x. ━━ the mist

· 。゚☆: *.
RUINS  
»»————- act one. uneven odds
TEN ━━ the mist

she'll walk through fire to safe her life

unknown

THE NIGHT WENT ON WITH PEETA FALLING BACK asleep and Erin was twisting and turning around, trying to get in a more comfortable position with her eyes screwed shut.

She sighed and gave up trying to fall asleep, she should have expected that she wouldn't get any sleep while the dangers from the games were present.

She gave Katniss a faint smile when she saw her also awake, keeping guard. Her eyes darted to the sky when a loud bang sounded, making her ears ring in protest and Finnick gave her a weary look.

"I counted twelve." Katniss said, her eyes half closed trying to fight the urge to close her eyes and sleep.

"Midnight?" Finnick asked.

"Or the number of districts?" Katniss suggested.

Off in the distance, an oddly shaped tree was getting hit with lightening repeatdly. Finnick who laid beside gave the girls a tired smile. "Well, If you two aren't going to sleep, I will."

Erin nodded giving his knee a single pat. "I guess were the only ones left." She glanced at Katniss.

Katniss gave her a tired smile. "Just the two of us."

Erin was falling in and out of sleep, the events of the day had caught up to her, her head hang low as she slowly gave into her drowsiness. From the corner of her eye she could see that Katniss was fighting the same effects, trying to stay awake.

Somehow she was still awake when it came. It was think and burly cloud of greyish ash, swallowing every dewy plant life whole as it creeped closer to the group. It was too murky to be fog, but it sent alarm bells off in her head. She questioned whether she was just hallucinating because of her blood lost or if it was real.

It dawned on her that she wasn't dreaming when she watched Katniss reach out to touch it and screamed.

Erin became fully alerted, eyes wide like a deer caught in the head lights as her heart beated rapidly in her chest, adrenaline pumped through her veins.

"Run, Run! The fog is posion!" Katniss cried out as she reached for Peeta who was still waking up.

Erin mind was a mess as she didn't understand a single thing that was going on, the only thing on her mind was getting everyone away safely. She was petrified for their lives and the urge to flee was growing stronger with each passing second.