IIII - Who Do I Have Left?

There are times
in all of our lives
when we feel as though
no one truly knows us.

-Lucie

——————————————————
A year has passed since the war, and the castle has been rebuilt piece to piece to his former glory thanks to the help of every willing wizards and witches, and even some students. Hermione personally extended her stay in Hogwarts to ensure things were brought back to how they should be, even if it meant working more than she slept.

When all was back to his place Hogwarts was ready once again to open his doors to welcome students.

-

After the first month things were starting to go back to normal in the castle, new pupils were settling into the school,  and classes were once again resumed.

Going into the new year, students were in high spirits, spending their fleeting time with friends, as if nothing had happened. Like the war never took place.

To Hermione that seemed impossible, she couldn't erase any of the memories belonging to the war. All those deaths, all those friends lost in the battle... But most of all she couldn't ignore the feelings of loneliness that was slowly eating her up from the inside out.

Her scar still hurt sometimes, and it only further confused Hermione. It bothered her because she didn't have the answer as to why it was throbbing and stinging so much. She had spent half of her time digging through the library's restricted section for answers, but it came out with nothing, not even a hint of what was going on with her... Maybe it was cursed? 'No, that's makes no sense...'

"Unless..."

"Unless Bellatrix cursed her dagger before she ingraved her full words into me, but if this is the case... How am I supposed to make its go away?"

And for how much this research of hers and the assignment of every class keeps her occupied she couldn't escape at the feeling of missing someone.

Hermione missed her friends, yes she missed them a lot. Since they went to join the Aurors she hadn't heard anything from them, not even a letter.

And yes, there were Ginny Luna and Neville, but they weren't the same thing as her two best friends.

Hermione could see that they were worried about her, she had stopped eating and the only thing that Hermione was doing is studying in the library. She spent hours and hours in the library studying.

Also her parents were somewhere in Australia without any memories of her... Not even knowing that they had a daughter.

She felt alone, extremely alone.

She was alone...

"Hermione wait."

Why had to be her to be so alone?

"Hermione!"

To that point Hermione had to stop walking and wait for the red head girl. "Ginny" she turned her head acknowledging her  friend that was now striding the hallway.

When the Gryffindor girl did reached Hermione, she went on with her offering.

"Since is lunch time, I wanted to ask you to come and eat with me Luna and Neville. " The voice of the younger girl was jovial and filled with hope, hope that Hermione would accept her offer.

Instead she sighed "Look Ginny, I appreciate the offer but I have to catch up with some homework and-"
Ginny didn't even let Hermione finish her sentence that she cutted her of.

"You have always to catch up some homework..." State the girl with annoyance.

"I'm sorry Ginny, really" Told to her friend Hermione while starting to walk away to go towards the  library.

"I'm sure you do..." Said to no one Ginny under her breath, to then walk away to go to the Great Hall.