III - Future

The war was over.

In comparison to the devastated Death Eaters, both students and Professors cried in joy, joy that stemmed directly from the pure core of their hearts.

Soon Aurors came to take the remaining Death Eaters that were sprawled across the castle to Azkaban. They would then await a fair trial and punishment.

Unfortunately a big remaining part of the enemy fled before the Aurors actually came. Some students attempted to stop them, but once they Disapperated there wasn't much more to do.

Hermione found herself pondering, and mulling over what her next step should be, the adrenaline in her body had decreased, and since there was no more need to fight now what? What was she supposed to do? Wait until they repaired the castle? 'Maybe I can help with that'

Her circle of thoughts had being disrupted by the voice of someone calling her name. When she turned around she was greeted by the sight of the two boys, both standing one beside the other smack, bang in-front of her.

"Harry, Ron!" Hermione immediately went to hug the both of them. "Are you okay Harry?" The girl asked, bringing the hands all over the boy face as to check frantically for any signs that he could be hurt.

"And you Ron, are you okay? Oh yes, you know I just fought in a war but I'm okay thanks Hermione." The ginger boy mimicked her voice.

"Hey I absolutely don't sound anything like that!" The three of them broke into a laughing fit. "Seriously, you two promise me you're okay?" A worried and more serious expression made it's way onto Hermione's face.

"We are both okay Hermione, trust me" Now was Ron the first to answer her. His voice too sounding much more warm. Hermione couldn't restrain herself from hugging her friends again, "And now what?" Hermione whispered still in the embrace.

When they broke the hug , Harry placed a hand on Hermione's back, stroking it lightly "Let's have a walk, what do you say?"

They others two offered a brief nod to Harry, who then led the two away towards their walk.

They passed destroyed hallways to the Great Hall, where Hermione had to stop, and eyeing all the dead bodies now covered in white sheets... 'So many deaths...'

"Ah!" She suddenly cried out loud, Hermione brought her right hand over her left forearm... Her... Her scar was 'burning?'

"Mione... Everything alright?" Asked Ron, the two boys stopped in their tracks and went back a few steps to their friend. "Yes... It was just a crick..."

"You sure?" Harry's voice piped in"It's nothing really." Hermione gave the two a reassuring smile, which seemed to be enough to convince the two boys since they started walking again... But that was not enough to brush Hermione's own unwavering confusion.

When Hermione reached her friends they continued walking in silence until the were on the main gate to Hogwarts. From there Harry destroyed The Elder Wand and thrown it from the gate, leaving both Ron and Hermione in shock.

When Harry turned around Hermione was smiling at him, she had a full understanding of why he did it she understand it.

They stayed there, in silence for a few more minutes before someone broke it with "The head Auror came to us, he wants us to join them." His voice firm.

"Well that's great Harry!" Stated Hermione enthusiastically for her two friends "You two should absolutely accept their offer".

"Hermione, if we say yes... We won't be here for with you for the final year." Told Ron reluctantly, not knowing how the girl beside him could react to that information.

Hearing that made Hermione freeze in confusion 'Wait' "What?" her voice gained a pitch. "If we say yes they're going to put us already as Aurors in training. We needn't even do the first test to be accepted." the redhead boy got closer to the girl.

"Hermione this is our opportunity" he said almost as a pleading as to make Hermione understand.

"I see... Well, in that case you should absolutely accept it." She forced herself to make a smile cross her face. Because yes, she was happy for her friends... But she also wanted them with her the next and last year of school.

"We were sure you would understand it" Harry's voice made Hermione go back to the reality and out of her thoughts. She smiled at the both of them "Shall we get back to the castle? No doubt they'll need all the help they can get." Claimed Hermione.

"Sure" the boys answered in chorus to then started strolling towards the castle once again. Hermione absorbed in her thoughts 'What now?'