II - The Define Victory

'Is she really dead?'

Regardless , after few seconds everything had returned as before. Spells were flying back and forth in the Great Hall like confetti are thrown during a carnival. Fear filled Hermione's body once again, but she did not freeze, instead she joined Luna and Ginny in a duel against a Death Eater.

Bellatrix's death, had Hermione hoping that her horrific nightmares would die with her. They had all started after their damaging at Malfoy Manor.

'Okay Hermione focus, you're in the middle of a war'

Her mind scolded herself for her lack of concentration about the surrounding situation. Her duelling with the Death Eater wasn't going too bad, since it was three against one, they had the upper hand. But probably it was because they were three and he was one thought Hermione.

At one point they managed to stun him for then knock him off, the red head girl was in ecstasy for the victory. Hermione was sure that also Luna was pretty excited about their little win, but showed in a much more calm and tidy way than Ginny did, which engaged another Death Eater in another duel. And also Luna, after giving a meaningful look to Hermione went helping her friend fighting.

"I need to find Harry..." Hermione told herself in a whisper, to then start sprinting through the The Great Hall, dodging and sometimes casting spells in turn to death eaters. She didn't need to find Ron just because he was in the same room with her, fighting against the enemy, joined by others students, and to Hermione's opinion they were doing a great job by making the older man slumping on the ground defeated. Still she ran and ran again, she ran through now destroyed hallways. She needed to find him, need a confirmation that the boy was sill alive. Hermione never halted herself until she found Harry.

The boy who lived was now facing Voldemort in a duel, a duel that would state their win and so the end of that dark time, or the beginning of a century of slavery under the name of the Dark Lord.

Hermione watched in astonishment as the two wizards fought, never in her life she has ever assisted to such use of magic and power.

A weight it took off her when she saw the Older Wand fly from the hand of Voldemort to the Harry's ones. Voldemort dissolved himself in ash, which took flight in the air. And with that the war, that war that seemed so eternal had ended, they won.

There was no more need to fight... The war was over.