chapter 16 •TALES OF SUFFERING•

The scientists escorts Emma to a working place with bodies of dead waiting for her care.

One...

Two...

Three...

The fourth body looked drier than the rest.

Five...

Six...

The room is painted pure white, the lighting seemed so innocent contrast to what's underneath of it.

"It's good to see you today Emma." a smooth young voice greeted.

The doctor appeared on the sideline, his right hand holding a white folder while the other one waved at Emma.

"Good morning Doctor."

Emma bowed and gave a small smile to the man.

The particularly young doctor caught up to Emma with a pleasant vibe on his atmosphere.

"We have plenty products today." He said, happily flipping pages of papers from his folder.

Emma almost gagged, she just can't get used to humans being refered as something as low as an object, much less a product.

He let out a low whistle of appreciation then turned to Emma with his cheerful but equally unnerving smile.

"We have some elevens here, so it should be less tricky than usual."

"Though i suggest you take more caution in these, orders from above." the doctor added. Emma curtly nods and stares at the bodies of children.

The doctor was referring to the 6 year old kids which Emma previously practiced. Yes, practiced, and if that wasn't cruel enough, they also made her identify all organs by plucking it out of the body one by one.

It makes no sense. Why does these children need to be dissected when in the end, they are just to be stapled back and eaten?

Heaven knows how twisted Emma's life had become.

"I see... " Emma answered.

In her new profound world, Emma finds herself infront of a dried corpse.

Like the twisted array of intertwined fates, this dream-filled girl looked broke than anything else. She's beyond distraught yet controlled. Her soul being taught how to clamber the stairs of possible hope or perhaps what one could call a life line of something fragile like prayer for the better.

"A little quiz." The doctor beamed at her.

"Why do you think we dissect these products here, Emma?"

Thinking about it, The reasoning is lost on her.

Emma froze, the reality appeared surreal. It's murmured, whispered into the air, soft almost unheard. But it's there, haunting.

"We... " Emma hesitantly started, a  sigh escaped her lips.

"These," Emma corrected herself. "Products are born in a farm, we do this procedures in order to ensure the quality of the food served to the lords, Hence it's grading system." Emma silently offered a prayer to the souls of these children to forgive her.

"Yes, that is certainly one. Plus points on you today." The doctor's smile turned into a full grin ,creepier to look upon but Emma is far more disgusted with herself than to be concerned of how unsettling the Doctor's eyes glinted.

"But not just to ensure it's quality." The doctor picked up a transparent plastic and waved it infront of Emma, brown contents jiggling.

"We season the meat as well."