chapter 5 •MOVE THE WAY•

Sorry for late update, as a form of apology, 2420 word-count for this chapter.

_____________________

Ray had enough.

Today he decided to go outside of his refuge to check what's going on outside.

And the result couldn't have impressed him.

The children even though playing, were obviously on lower spirits.

It didn't help when Ray saw Norman staring off and numbly, just sitting while drowned in thoughts.

How helpless he looked.

Things got worse when Phil started crying, when Anna flashed a sympathetic look as Norman hugged Phil even though he was the one who needs comfort.

Well damn.

Ray stomped, he angrily turned his heels to the back of the house.

He punched a tree and held back a scream.

He had enough.

Ray took a deep breath and returned inside the house. Ray looked for mama and luckily Isabella was just washing the dishes.

The kitchen was silent, all the babies on their cribs sleeping, the rest of the children were outside.

Ray anxiously bit a nail.

"Mama." he spoke.

Isabella whipped around with a plate on one hand and a scrub on the other.

"Finally out of your isolation, i see."

"Mama, we need to talk."

Mama refrained herself from answering and continued to wash the dishes.

Ray tapped his foot on the floor impatiently, he gritted his teeth and bit his lips.

Ray's lips were chapped and pale, may it because of his messy eating schedule or what shit, he bit and it bleeds.

Ah, the metallic taste of the liquid seeping to his mouth while oozing from his scrapped lips.

Ray breathed out a frustrated sigh, he combed his hair with his fingers and inhaled.

Finally, Mama placed down the last plate and dried her hands, she turned around to face Ray with her usual goody-two-shoes smile.

Ray wants to puke.

That smile delivers children to death, that smile is horror in disguise.

That sickly sweet smile is highly unnerving at the same time it aggravates him to the point he wants nothing less than cut off her cheeks and see if she can still smile that sweet.

Ray waved the thought away.

Mama silently walked out of the kitchen to her room with ray following behind her.

Eye's peircing through Isabella, Ray glared to her back. Ray took countless deep breaths to calm his fuming self.

No use.

Years ago, Ray and Isabella agreed to work with eachother, dealings were made and oaths were followed.

The deal was followed.

It was supposed to work out.

But things flipped up-side down.

Where are those dealings now?

Burned.

__________________

'Under my drawer' Emma whispered.