Chapter 14 •SHOWCASE•

Lucas became surprisingly stern for the preparation.

The man's persona made a 180° degrees turn. The usual soft, calm demeanor disappeared like bubbles in the air, Lucas had the absolute order, sternly commanding children and such. Yet his endearing face betrays every firm, unforgiving ordains.

It was pleasant but odd, in a sense that whatever they were preparing was for someone childish, playful or someone who had somekind of unnamed metal illness.

Lucas ordered for an unoccupied room, wide, and lightless. A room of one windows and walls.

The children painted it white then out of nowhere, Lucas repainted it with glow-in-the-dark. That was pecular in all means, the room doesn't even have any source of lighting. Lucas smiled proudly when the paint dried, quite satisfied with himself.

Okay, that was understandable, perhaps. If it could get any weirder the second order took a step: A white carpet. It was wide and laid in the middle of the room.

The third was pillows. All colors available for pillows were bought into the room, they even had to dye most of it to make some sort of assortment of colors. It was arranged like a fort, some kind of comfort base. Yet, Norman didn't question.

A small table with a compartment is also bought into the room, on top of it are 2 empty notebooks, pen and pencil in a penholder, and a stack of paper.

Ray had quirked a curious brow.

"I don't seem to understand this preparation." Vincent voiced, after one day of working things out.

Lucas akwardly laughed. "Me neither, it's like the Boss was bringing some children with him or something." Lucas fluffed a pillow.

"Don't worry, we're almost done. Just one more thing on our checklist then thats it." Lucas reassures with a small smile.

Vincent made no reply.

________________

Two days passed and on the third day, Lucas was to make a feast but it was in no way any food is included.

"On the third day i'll come, You are to build two great poles parallel to eachother. Make it with the sturdiest material on the house, though i'd prefer it much more with the ancient trees like those of the foundation of the place."

Lucas shivered at the thought of disappointing the boss. This was not a request. When the boss said 'I'd prefer it', he meant he wanted it like that. He needed it like that, no room for retorts.

Hence, everything and everyone was put to work. The poles were done, it was as tall as the highest buildings known to the children, thanks to Adam's and Zazie's super human strength, it was standing on the ground.

"Will this be enough?" Gilda said, passing out towels for all those who were sweating waterfalls.

"I can't tell." Don replied, looking over Lucas who was chugging water on his throat.

Lucas was then taken to a conversation by Yuugo who frowned indignantly to the other man.

The two left, whispering aggressively to eachother. The children made no move to stop the two adults as they seemed to be in a heated debate.

"Did something went wrong?" Anna asked to no one in particular.

"The least we can do is hope that it is alright and nothing went shit." Ray answered, turning his back from his siblings and trudged  inside their house.

"Thats not very reassuring... " Violet comments as she tucks a short lock behind her ears.

"Are they fighting?" Don says.