34| reunion

This summer seemed to have a gloomy overhead

This summer seemed to have a gloomy overhead. The skies surrounding Hogwarts were dark most days with raging thunderstorms that wandered for days. Although we had some gorgeous days, I could feel the tension begin to rise in the air.

I spent most of my days within the library, aiding myself with new spells that I wasn't supposed to be learning yet. Uncle knew what I was doing and if I was putting myself in danger he would have stopped me.

Uncle was always on edge now a days due to Voldemort's sure return. He told me all that happened at the ministry that night with Harry. Although I knew some details from Harry I got every answer I was looking for from Uncle.

Uncle would try to almost urge me out of the castle suggesting I stay with the Weasleys or go with Hermione.

One night as I wandered the halls I stumbled upon what looked like to be a meeting between all the professors. They ceased talking as I looked towards them confusingly. "Uncle? What's going on?" He looked at me almost frantically as he stood from his chair and walked towards me. "I have arranged for you to visit the Grangers a bit early this summer. Then you will be going with the Weasleys."

"Okay." I peeked my head within the door once more and see them all looking towards me. "What is this about?" Uncle looked towards the ground. "I'm afraid my secrets must stay secrets my darling. Do as I say and pack your things, we apparate in one hour."

So many thoughts filled my head as I raced up the stairs to my dormitory. There were some things that I could leave seeing as I would be back in about a couple of weeks.

I dragged my trunk down the steps and sat in the common room waiting for my Uncle.

"Are you ready my dear?" My Uncle appeared in the door way with his arm outstretched towards me. I stood from the arm chair and looked towards him. "I'll be ready when you talk." I was always stubborn, he knew this.

He sighed and walked towards me. "You must trust that all is well. I understand how this seems but your dear Uncle has this under control." He gave me a slight smile, a fake one. He outstretched his arm once more.

I took it and felt my stomach twist at the familiar feeling of apparation.

Once my feet hit the ground I tried my best to steady myself due to my imbalance. I said my goodbyes to my Uncle, hugging him a little tighter this time.

I walked up towards Hermione's building and the door instantly swung open. She lunges towards me engulfing me in a tight hug. "Ariana! I can't believe you're here!" I smile towards her and hug her back. "Me either."

She introduced me to her lovely family as I unpacked some of my belongings in the spare room across the hall. I was to be staying with Hermione for about a week and then we would be on our way to the Weasleys.

"How are you and Harry?" Hermione and I now sat on the couch watching what she described as a television. It was quite amusing I must say, watching the colors and animations on the screen. "Well we send letters every week and try to stay in contact as best as we can. I miss him a lot. It's always hard without you guys in the summer." Hermione nodded at my response.