14| buckbeak

As we all entered the Great Hall, Uncle looked at me and smiled gratefully, his worry washing away

As we all entered the Great Hall, Uncle looked at me and smiled gratefully, his worry washing away. He greeted us all, and announced the new Defense Against the Dark Arts, who we had already met.

"How are you feeling?" I asked Harry due to the events on the train. "I'm alright, how are you?" I sighed and picked at my food. "Why did we faint? Why us?" I said this to the whole group. No one responded.

"Potter!" I turned quickly at the name. "Is it true you fainted? Like actually fainted?"

"Shut it Malfoy. Is it true that you're an absolute ass? Oh wait we already know that you piece of-" I said edging towards him till Ron cut me off.

"Just shove it Malfoy." Ron turned me around the face the table. "How did he find out?" Harry asked. "Just forget it." Hermione replied.

Uncle then announced that Hagrid would be the new teacher for Care for Magical Creatures, and we erupted into cheers.
The room got dim when Uncle began talking about the new dementors that were going to be scowling the ground. Harry looked at me at the mention of the creatures, worry and fear growing in the bottom of our stomaches.

"Happiness can be found in the darkest of times‚ if one only remembers to turn on the light."

•••

"Welcome, my children. In this room, you shall explore the noble art of Divination. In this room, you shall discover if you possess the sight! I am Professor Trelawney. Together, we shall cast ourselves into the future. This term we shall be focusing on Tasseomancy, which is the art of reading tea leaves. So please, take the cup of the person sitting opposite you."

I took Ron's cup in my hands. "What do you see? The truth lies buried, like a sentence deep within a book, waiting to be read. But first, you must broaden your minds. First, you must look beyond!" Trelawney was a crazy women, but I loved her for that.

"What a load of rubbish." I turned to my right to see Hermione sitting next to me. "Where did you come from?" Ron was puzzled. "Me? I've been here all this time." She was definitely lying. The boys dropped the subject, but I didn't. I turned to her as she held up the the time turner in her hands.

I gave a slight nod. Hermione had told me about the time turner, and I knew what she was now using it for.

"You, boy! Is your grandmother quite well? Trelawney now spoke to Neville. "I think so." He stumbled. "I wouldn't be so sure of that. Give me the cup." She took the cup in her hands and sighed. "Oh. Pity. Broaden your minds." She walked around and stopped by Ron. "Your aura is pulsing, dear! Are you in the beyond? I think you are!" I couldn't help but laugh at her words.

"Sure." Ron gulped. "Look at the cup. Tell me what you see." Ron took Harry's cup within his hands. "Yeah, um, well, Harry's got a sort of a wonky cross, that's trials and suffering and, uh, that there could be the sun and that's happiness so, ah, you're gonna suffer, but you're gonna be happy about it." His word choice made me laugh louder. Hermione elbowed my side as Harry smiled up at me.