07| the chamber of secerts

That afternoon the four of us sat in the courtyard minding our own business when troubled stalked its way towards us

"This can't be good." I close my book as the
Slytherin quidditch team walks towards us. They are equipped with all new brooms, and Ron swoons at the sight.

"Those are Nimbus Two Thousand and Ones! How did you get those?"

"A gift from Draco's father." Sneers the Slytherin captian. "You see Weasley, unlike some, my father can afford the best." Malfoy said bitterly. I wanted to punch him square in the face, his time would come.

"Can it Malfoy, we all know you probably can't even play quidditch. You're only on the team cause daddy said so." The group gasps at my comment to the pale boy. "Yeah, at least no one on the Gryffindor team had to buy their way in. They got it on pure talent." Speaks up Hermione.

"No one asked your opinion, you filthy little Mudblood!" My eyes snapped up at the comment. 

Oh hell no. "You little-" I jumped toward the boy, but Harry grabbed my flailing arms.

"You'll pay for that one, Malfoy. Eat slugs!" Ron steps forward and points his wands at Malfoy, but is thrown back by his own wand.
"You okay, Ron? Say something!" Ron just stared us, and then began to regurgitate slugs.

"Let's take him to Hagrid's." Harry said sitting Ron up as we drag him towards Hagrid.

"This calls for a specialist's equipment. Nothing to do but wait till it stops I'm afraid." Sighs Hagrid as Ron throws up another slug into the bucket. "Better out than in. Who's Ron trying to curse anyway?"

"He called Hermione, um, well, I don't know exactly what it means." Said Harry looking towards Hermione.

Hermione turns around. "He called me a Mudblood."

Hagrid gasped. "He did not!"

"What's a Mudblood?" Asks Harry. "It means dirty blood. Mudblood's a really foul name for someone who is muggle-born. Someone with non-magic parents. Someone like me. It's not a term one usually hears in civilized conversation." Hermione says wiping away a tear.