27| umbridge

Harry's hearing was well, let's say, interesting

The ministry seemed to be trying everything to get Harry expelled, and I wasn't quite sure why. If it wasn't for my Uncle coming through I was worried that Harry might have actually been expelled.

That next day we board the train quickly, ready to have another year at Hogwarts. Harry had this hearing that day and it also was time for just to return to Hogwarts for yet another crazy year. 

We all sit in a compartment as Harry explains the details of his hearing. 

I doze off during the ride, with my head placed on Harry's right shoulder.

•••

After the long train ride I was completely drained.

We walk off the train quickly, to be met with Malfoy almost immediately.

"I'm surprised the Ministry's still letting you walk around free. Better enjoy it while you can. I expect there's a cell in Azkaban with your name on it." Harry lunges towards Malfoy as Ron and I grab him back. "What'd I tell you? Complete nutter."

"Just stay away from me!" Harry yells towards the blonde angrily. Ron holds Harry back saying, "It's only Malfoy."

Harry shoves Ron off and stalks forwards.

I look at Hermione and Ron confused by the sudden outburst.

I walk towards him and slip his hand in mine, letting silence take over the air.

•••

Everyone meets in the Great Hall as usual, Uncle giving his annual speech.

"We also wish to welcome our new Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher, Professor Dolores Umbridge. And I'm sure you'll all join me in wishing the professor good luck. Now, as usual, our caretaker, Mr. Filch, has asked me to remind you-" Uncle is cut off by the lady as she stands and makes her way to the podium. Harry turns to us.

"She was at my hearing. She works for Fudge." Harry says in my ear as we watch the women.

"Thank you, headmaster, for those kind words of welcome. And how lovely to see all your bright happy faces smiling up at me. I'm sure we're all going to be very good friends." I roll my eyes at the new teacher, most students doing the same.

She continues on, but I drown out the words.

"What does this mean?" Ron turns towards Hermione. "It means the ministry is interfering at Hogwarts." I look at Harry who turns towards me, worry and fear both being prevalent.