10| polyjuice

"We'll have exactly one hour before we change back into ourselves

"We'll have exactly one hour before we change back into ourselves. Add the hairs." Hermione said as I dropped in the hair of Pansy Parkinson.

"Ugh! Essence of Crabbe." Ron sighed as he added the hair. "Cheers!" I said as I raised my class to the others and took in a huge gulp of the liquid. My eyes went wide and looked at Harry who was gagging.

It tasted like full on shit.

"I think I'm gonna be sick!" Ron said as he ran to a bathroom stall, Hermione quickly following him. I tried my hardest not to throw the substance up, and swallowed it painfully. I looked into the mirror to see the surface of my skin start to bubble, forming my new identity.

"Merlin's beard!" I ran my fingers over the new skin, glancing in the mirror to see I looked identical to Pansy Parkinson.

Then Ron stepped out.

"Harry?"

"Ron?"

"Bloody hell!" Ron exclaimed in the same voice

"Bloody hell!" Ron exclaimed in the same voice. "We still sound like ourselves. You need to sound more like Crabbe, and Ariana you need to sound more like Pansy. "He all nodded in agreement. "But where's Hermione?" I asked. "I don't think I'm going. You go on without me!"

"Are you okay?" I asked trying to open her stall. "What's going on?"

"Just go. You're wasting time!" I sighed, knowing that she wouldn't give in. "Come on."

"I think the Slytherin common room is this way." Harry said as we turned another corner.
As we took the corner, we came face to face with Percy. "Excuse me." He approached us.

"What are you doing down here?" Ron asked, confused as to why his brother was by the Slytherin common room. "I happen to be a school prefect. You, on the other hand, have no business wandering the corridors at this time of night. What are your names again?" Percy folded his arms.

"I'm," Harry didnt get to finish when we were cut off by Draco. "Crabbe, Pansy, Goyle! Where have you three been? Pigging out in the Great Hall all this time? Pansy why are you with them?" Malfoy looked at me, I opened my mouth to answer but he got impatient. "Never mind, you're all too slow."

He then looked at Harry. "Why are you wearing glasses?"

"Um, reading."

"Reading? I didn't know you could read. And what are you doing down here, Weasley?"

"Mind your attitude, Malfoy." Percy spoke up.
Draco walked away as we quickly followed him into the Slytherin common room. "Well, sit down. You're all acting like you've never been here before." Draco said as he sat on a couch. I went to sit down next to Ron, but was stopped.

"Pansy what are you doing? You know you always sit next to me." Draco patted the seat next to him. I nodded and sat next to him.
He scooted close and draped an arm around my shoulders.

Oh Merlin this is awkward.

"You'd never know the Weasleys were pure-bloods, the way they behave. They're an embarrassment to the wizarding world. All of them." I looked at Ron who clenched his knuckles tight. "What's wrong with you, Crabbe?"

"Stomachache." Draco nodded.

"You know, I'm surprised that the Daily Prophet hasn't done a report on all these attacks. I suppose Dumbledore is trying to hush it all up. Father always said Dumbledore was the worst thing that ever happened to this place." My head snapped in his direction. "Say that again and I will punch so hard." I said below my breath.

"What? You think there's someone here who's worse than Dumbledore? Well? Do you?" He yelled in my face. I stayed quiet till Harry chimed I'm saving my ass.

"Harry Potter?"

"Good one, Goyle. You're absolutely right. Saint Potter. And people actually think that he's the Heir of Slytherin!" I looked at Ron and Harry confused. "But then you must have some idea who's behind it all."

"You know I don't Goyle. I told you yesterday. How many times do I have to tell you? But my father did say this, It's been fifty years since the Chamber was opened. He wouldn't tell me who opened it, only that they were expelled. The last time the Chamber of Secrets was opened, a Mudblood died. So, it's only a matter of time before one of them is killed this time. As for me, I hope it's Granger."

Ron and I stood abruptly. Oh hell no.
I'm going to beat the living shit out of this arsehole. "What's the matter with you three? You're acting very odd. "It's his stomachache." Harry said pointing to Ron then looking towards me signifying that I needed to calm down. I folded my arms and noticed a piece of my hair return to its normal state. I ran up the stairs out of the common room, Harry and Ron quickly behind me.

"Hey! Where are you going?" Malfoy yelled across the room.

"That was close!" Ron sighed as we all made back to the girls bathroom. "Hermione, come out. We've got loads to tell you!"

"Go away!" She shouted back. "Wait till you see. It's awful!" Moaning Myrtle said as she approached us three. "Hermione? Are you ok?" I said knocking once more on the stall.

"Do you remember me telling you that the Polyjuice Potion was only for human transformations? It was cat's hair I plucked off Millicent Bulstrode's robes. Look at my face."
The door swung open to reveal Hermione, who had sadly transformed into a cat. I could tell how upset this had made her, so I tried my best not to laugh. Even though it was so hard not too.

"Oh Hermione." I gave her a hug and grabbed her hand. "I should take her to the hospital wing, I'll tell her everything on the way. You two should probably go to bed. Goodnight guys."

We said our goodbyes as I led Hermione down the hall, helping her to avoid everyone that night.