Chapter 6: Saving the beast

Start from the beginning

I look at her sideway, her narrowing her eyes manage to let a laugh out from me as she too lets out her own. Soon enough, she stands up, dusting off her shorts and reach her hands onto mine pulling my weight off the ground. "Let's go, we shall have an adventure! since Namjoon ass ain't here."

Again, a laugh escaped my lips hearing her words. "Sure why not," I managed to say between my laughs.

And so we did, she walks me around the town, helping me adapt to this new town a little much better. I knew by now, the town hall, the town market, and all of the town's residents. Even so, she walks me to each shops, showing how she knows basically every single one remembering the small amount of people living here.

"And that my friend, is basically it." She says, as she passed the last shop in the town market. Although it was the last, we kept walking forward perhaps I was hoping to meet an unexpected place in the town.

Then a thought went through my head.

The wolf. The blackened sky wolf.

"Liz," I called out to her, still walking by her side. "Yeah?" She asked back, kicking some small stones that were getting in her way.

"What about the forest?" After that question left my lips, the changing air hit my face like a hurricane.

"I'm... Uh, Oh! you meant the one near my house haha, we can't go there. It's kinda forbidden to go into the forest since..." She stopped her track, letting her words linger in the air.

I, who was a step further than her, stop as well. Turning my body to her, searching the expression of her face as I ask quietly "Since... what?" She looks up at me, her eyes were filled with many negative emotions I couldn't guess.

"Since that day, I... I genuinely don't think you should hear this Y/N. It's too.. uncomfortable for you, heck it is for everyone in general. Besides you're new here and I don't want to make you feel.. alarmed in this town. I swear it's a really welcoming town so don't worry."

Her lips lift upwards, showing her white teeth, letting loose all of her vibrant aura around her but as much as I want to believe this happy side of her, I couldn't quite erase the fact that I felt her hiding something.

And that something isn't good, no. It's definitely far from the word 'okay'. Gulping down my sore throat, I can't help feeling the interest building up inside my mind, hence the pleading sad eyes in front of me, I put a smile on my face and nod.

"No it's okay Liz, i'm pretty sure i won't be bother by it. I won't force you to tell me, and thank you for wanting me to feel comfortable here." She lets out— what I supposed a relief sigh and continue walking with me right by her side.

Not far from where we stopped, I caught a glimpse of her hand, stretching upfront in the air. "That's my house" I heard her say, I look up seeing a small cabin in front of our figure and it brought a smile to my lips.

"You should go inside, I can go back to my house from here." She looks at me, a small smile on her face. "You sure?". I nod, hugging her embrace as I say "Thanks for the walk."

Releasing her figure, she lets out a chuckle "I swear to the devil's ass if you keep saying thank you-" Her words were soon cut off by my big laugh. Sending her a wave of goodbye, I turned around as she did as well, walking up into her house.