Chapter 5 - Roses and Requests

Start from the beginning

Aptus gave him a pat on the back to reassure him. "Hey, it's not too late to visit her. Better late than never, am I right?" 

"Heh." Ky nodded. "Yeah. Thanks, Ap."

Suddenly, the balcony door was flung open as high pitched feminine voice squeaked a from it. "Ky!"

Both Aptus and Ky turned their heads to look the source: Ruby. Once she saw the bluenette, a wide smile appeared on her face.

"Hey Rosebud. What's up?" Ky happily asked, smiling at the sight of the young Huntress-in-Training.

Ruby walked over to the duo, then waves at Aptus, who wave back.

"Are you guys, uh, doing anything?"

"Well, Ap and I were just sitting sitting around, eating ice-cream. Why? Do you need us?" Ky asked.

"Well, I need you! I-mean, I... I wish to ask you something," Ruby quickly corrected.

Ky shrugged and turned his body slightly to face her. "Sure, what is it?"

"Would you like to, well... Yang and the others were supposed to come with me but they didn't have time so I need someone and I thought you might want to come to fight Grimm in the Emerald Forest... with me?" Ruby hopefully asked, a little red around the cheeks.

Ky pondered her request for a moment, before looking over Aptus. The fox Faunus caught is eye and spoke. "I'm probably going to look for Blake or stay up here a bit longer."

With a nod, Ky looked back at Ruby. "Sure, sounds like a lot of fun!" He enthusiastically answered.

"Yay! Come on! I can't waaaaait!" The crimsonette shrieked in delight, grabbing Ky's sleeve and tugging him towards the door.

Ky chuckle at her excitement, and give one last wave to Aptus as he left. He saluted back, laughing at his friend's situation.

"Yep, she's definitely gonna keep him on his toes," He said.

XXXXXXX

[Emerald Forest]

Ky dove out of the way as a large tree was hurtled in his direction. Turning his head, he saw Ruby seemingly warp around a large boulder that struck the point where she had just been standing moments ago.

"Rosebud! Use your sniper as a distraction! Get their attention! I'll take them out before they realize what's happening!" He called out.

Ruby nodded her head, shifting her Crescent Rose to its sniper form, she began a barrage of heavily powered gun shots each reaching their mark on the targets surrounded by the duo.

There stood five massive Ursa Grimm, each at full height easily towering over the tree line around them growling with an intense glare in their eyes. As Ruby began to fire her rounds the Ursa subsequently started shielding their face and eyes with their massive and armored arms. They turned their attention to the small girl in red, leaving their backs turned to Ky.

Ky took this moment of opportunity to attack one of the bear like Grimm from behind as it was too preoccupied to notice him. With a mighty pounce the teen landed atop the beast's shoulder before driving Bright Crest into the side of the creature's skull. The Grimm's growls immediately ceased as it's knees buckled and it's corpse came crashing to the ground. Rather than ride the beast down however, Ky quickly pulled out his blades and leapt to the next Ursa having to drive them into the creature's back this time in order to catch himself from dropping to the ground.

The beast roared in pain and anguish as it spun around wildly trying to rid itself of the young man now being flung around it's back.

Ky was quick to use his semblance however as he appeared below the Grimm readying Rhindon as he did so. In what looked like only a moment both of the Beast's legs had been separated from their owner just before the Grimm came tumbling down no longer able to support it's own weight.