"I believe Aptus came by a bit earlier. Those two left together about a while ago. I don't know where." Weiss replied.

"Oh, alright then. I'll be going now."

Ruby jogged out of the room, closing the door behind her. Weiss stared at the door for a few seconds after Ruby left, then exhales as she shakes her head. Weiss pulls out her scroll and begins typing away. 

XXXXXXX

Ruby began walking away from her dorm at a lazy pace, swinging her legs around as she thought to herself. 'If Ky and Aptus are together, maybe I shouldn't bother them. Jaune would go with me! But... I... kind of really want Ky to come. Wait, why? Why do I want him to come, Jaune would be great company! But so would Ky...'

Ruby's eyes fill with conviction. She'll find him, and at least ask if he wants to come with her. If not, she'll go with Jaune. A simple plan. Now all she has to do is find Ky.

XXXXXXX

[Beacon Rooftop]

Ky and Aptus sat side by side on the roof slowly savoring the frozen treats they both held in their hands. Thankfully Aptus had made the wise decision to bring more than two ice creams as Ky was already on his third.

The bluenette stared up into the sky as he responded "Man, I've missed do this."

"Same here." Aptus as he looked out towards the view of Vale light. "The view's not as good as Twilight Town, but it's a close second.

Ky laughed at that. "You got that right. Speaking of which, how was everything going there before you came to Vale?"

"It's going great actually. Leon and the others are still doing their jobs to keep the peace, Seifer's still being an ass plus everyone pretty much misses you. Especially Hayner, Pence and Olette."

"Yeah? Well, I guess I could go back for a visit this semester. It'd be great to see everyone again."

Aptus grinned. "Yeah, especially since the next Struggle tournament will be staring real soon."

"Yeah, I plan to enter it!" Ky said, pumping his fist, before pondering over something. "Maybe I should ask Rosebud and the others if they want to come too. I'm sure they'd love it, especially! Heck, I could show Ruby the clocktower!"

Aptus cupped his chin as he gazed up at the sky. "Yeah, it'd be the perfect place for you to express your love for her."

"Yeah...wait what!?" Ky snapped his head to look at his friend so fast, he almost got a whiplash. "Where did that come from!?"

"Aw, come on Ky!" Aptus playfully punched his arm. "Relax, I'm just kidding."

 "Surrree you were..." Ky said with an eyeroll before he looked down at the ground below. "Hey Ap?"

"Yeah?" 

"I...I told Ruby about Esuna Town."

Aptus looked at his friend in surprise. "Really? Even about your mom...?" He asked.

Ky nodded as he rubbed his hand through his forehead. "Y...Yeah." He muttered. "About Centurion, the Committee, everything that happened that day."

"What did she say?"

"Well...she surprisingly took it well. That's for sure." Ky told him as he blush a bit. "And well...she gave me a lot of support..."

A long silence instilled as the two looked up at the sky.

Aptus broke the silence. "I hate to bring this up..... but...... when was the last time you went to visit your mom?

Ky went silent for a few minutes, lingering in thought as his orange haired friend stared at him, waiting for an answer. "Come to think of it...I...I really can't remember...." the blue-nette lowered his head in shame and let out a long sigh. "I guess with all that's been going on...I never got around to doing it."

RWBYK 2: The Light of Kingsजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें