"Six inch heels, she walked in the club like nobody's business
Goddamn, she murdered everybody and I was her witness"

"Jesus fucking Christ." Bucky breathes out, eyes wide. Sam choked on his drink and Wanda just grinned. Peyton smirked her bright red lips, tossing her carefully curled blonde hair over her shoulder. She walks over to them, swaying her hips. Most of the people around watched her, eyes on heiress and the way she moved. Peyton stops in front of her small group of friends, the smirk not disappearing from her face. Bucky barely noticed that there was rows of shining diamonds around her neck. Holy shit.

"What? Too much?" She questions, humor flowing through her words. Wanda just smiles in response. Bucky's mouth had gone dry and his heart was beating fast in his chest.

"You look great, Pey." The youngest of the four responds and Peyton smiles. God, Bucky was distracted by everything going on in front of him.

"Thanks, Wanda. Now, let me show you how fun I used to be before I got married." Pey says happily, getting ahold of Wanda's hand. The blonde dragged the younger woman to the dance floor, just as a louder, more upbeat song started to play.

"Stark got your tongue?" Sam asks, grinning as he takes a sip of his beer. Bucky clears his throat, shifting on his feet. Was is that obvious?

"Shut up, bird brain." Bucky grumbles back, his eyes somehow landing on the two girls dancing. Jesus, that dancing was really different from what they did in the Forties. Bucky gulped down his whiskey.

"Oh, you are so fucking screwed, Barnes."

-

I walked back to the VIP area with a very tipsy Wanda. I wasn't having issues finding people that want to be apart of a one night stand, but I just wasn't feeling any of them. The guys were too young, reeking of overpowering cologne and they kept blowing candy flavored vapes in my face. The women who were coming after me screamed "influencer wanting some clout". And now, I didn't come up with that one. Peter had told me about that one. They all looked the same, wearing Fashion Nova clothing and reapplying their Glossier glosses over their lips.

I should mention that I was having fun. I loved being the center of attention, loved all of the attention I was getting from everyone. Loved the dancing, the moving as I danced in ways I haven't since giving birth to Benny. I deserve all of this fun. It's about damn time I had fun.

"Peyton, do you think I can get another tequila sunrise?" Wanda asks, a fit of giggles following the question. I chuckle, started to walk towards the table that Sam and Bucky were sitting at. I am stopped by a man suddenly slapping my ass and grabbing it. Sam and Bucky are standing immediately, coming over as I twirl on my heel.   The boys and Wanda are unable to stop my from punching him hard, his cheekbone breaking under my hand. He stumbles and falls to the ground, clutching his face.

"Fucking bitch!" The man yells at me as the bouncers rush into area. I turn my attention onto them.

"You're going to have a lawsuit on your hands if you don't get him out of here. Now." I snap and the bouncers quickly grab the guy and drag him away. I look up and see Bucky staring at me. Wanda loops her arm into mine, pulling me to the the table. She sits down next to me, Bucky sitting on my other side with Sam sitting beside him.

"Any luck?" Sam asks as he slides a cup full of pineapple juice over to me. I take a sip of it before looking at the two men. God, they didn't look too bad tonight.

"I think my standards have gotten too high. I don't think it's going to work out." I respond, telling them over the loud music. Sam sighs and Bucky leans back in his seat.