In the end

A few months had passed since that incident. Peter had made sure MJ and her mom were safe, and the two now lived in a small subdivision. Peter loved MJ with all his heart, and she loved him the same. But that day, and those few weeks, still haunted Peter, but had damaged MJ even more. 

MJ ended up closing herself off from the rest of the world, and sometimes that would include Peter. She stopped going to school for a while, claiming to be ill, but Peter knew her better than that. Her mom some how managed to get talk therapy for MJ, but she needed much more than that.

So whenever he could, Peter would comfort her, and visited her often. When she had come back to school, it was prom week. The week that should have been magical was really just a stressful disaster, and the prom king and queen elections were forgotten until last minute. Some people didn't get to vote. 

Of course Peter took his girlfriend to prom. She wore an elegant dress that went just to the bottom of her knees. It was dark blue, with shimmering sequins. She took Peters breath away. 

The night was outstanding, and MJ was able to let go of her memories for a while, and focus on the present. They even shared a first kiss. 

From that point their love only grew, and the fell even more crazy in love. Even after another year, they seemed inseparable. And MJ was able to tackle her depression, once and for all. Her life seemed happier, and she almost forgot about her father.

But one should only with to forget something like that. 

After they graduated high school, MJ and Peter went to separate colleges. Peter had to stay in New York because of the spider man deal, and the avengers.. which were not really as prominent any more after their final battle against Thanos. 

Oh yeah I forgot to mention that both were "dusted". But 5 years of not existing did no damage to their bond, but only played toll on their emotions. Getting used to life in the future was a difficult task. But somehow they graduated college. 

These words, that day, that moment, both of them would never forget. When Peter asked her a single not so simple question.

"Will you marry me?"

Life is short, but its best to go through it with the person you love. 

The tulips are too excitable, it is winter here.

Look how white everything is, how quiet, how snowed-in.

I am learning peacefulness, lying by myself quietly

As the light lies on these white walls, this bed, these hands.

I am nobody; I have nothing to do with explosions.

I have given my name and my day-clothes up to the nurses

And my history to the anesthetist and my body to surgeons.

The walls, also, seem to be warming themselves.

The tulips should be behind bars like dangerous animals;

They are opening like the mouth of some great African cat,

And I am aware of my heart: it opens and closes

Its bowl of red blooms out of sheer love of me.

The water I taste is warm and salt, like the sea,

And comes from a country far away as health.

-Tulips by Sylvia Plath

If ever you feel you are taken over by the urge to take your own life, or be sucked into a painful miserable void of emotionless dance, remember.. remember every one around you. Who loves you, who cares for you, who would miss you. Think of what your doing to yourself. You are beautiful, MJ just forgotten to tell herself that.

But she knew the question would change her life. The thought of him with her forever made her tip to the brim with joy. Accepting him would make her a healthier happier person.. right?

How happy I am to be in love with you.
I want to scream from my lungs till I'm breathless and blue.
I want the world to know how excited I am
To be in love with this gorgeous, perfect man.

-Shelagh Bullman

Life is like a waterfall, a river, a canyon. And at the end, at the bottom, their lays a pot of gold. One must learn to take the leap. 

"Yes"