She already hates me

Peter fell into the hard cemented asphalt road with a loud crack. He groaned and looked up only to see the large feet of a metallic rhino crashing down on his head. He squirmed out, his head throbbing, and a faint ringing in his ears made it nearly impossible to hear and make sense of what was around him.

He pulled himself to his knees but the rhino threw him back into the hard ground. He felt blood on his face and he hoped it was from his nose, and that his skull didn't crack open.

He flipped over and shoved the metallic rhino away. He quickly got up, feeling light headed. He swayed a little bit getting dizzy, but still managed to dodge a hit by the rhino. He shit a web to the metallic monster's face and pulled it into the ground with a thud.

"Yeah how does that feel ya big brute?!" Peter teased as he swung up above the monster and shot a taxer web at it. The metallic armor conducted the electricity to it balanced all throughout its body and into the ground. The rhino untangled the web off its large armored body with anger.

"You think some electricity can stop me?! I'm the RHINO!" It roared with laughter before using rocket boosters to fly up and smash Peter into a wall.

"I.. hate... flying... rhinos... now..." Peter grumbled as he used his legs to shove the beast off of him. He wriggled out as the rhino fell down, catching itself with its jet pack.

The rhino roared as its thunderous fist barely missed Peter and smashed into a wall. Peter wormed himself away and shot a web to fly across the street. "Ha missed me!" Peter yelled with laughter, disguising his pure terror.

"What can one little miss fire do?! I'm the RHINO!" He roared.

"Ugh you keep saying that. Look I get it, you have an obsession with rhinos, now can we move past this?" Peter groaned as he was thrown into the street again like a rag doll.

As the rhino charged at him again with its metallic horn pointing at Peter from its helmet. Peter rolled away from its charge and stuck a web to it so it dragged him close behind.

The rhino spun around looking for Peter who had already climbed up the villain's back. It roared again as Peter electrocuted it again. He got up on its neck and tore the helmet off, ripping the mechanics from their bolts.

It revealed a middle aged man with a scar going through his face. He wore a bitter frown with eyes glaring knives at Peter.

"You wretched spider!!" He screamed and threw Peter off of him. The man suddenly fell flat on his back, in shock. Peter hesitantly crawled over to see the man was having a seizure or something.

He managed to pull the robotics off of the man as the seizure droned on. Nearby civilians called the police and the man was taken to a hospital because of a sudden heart attack.

After a couple minutes Peter regathered his thoughts. He calmed down his heart after the sudden drop of a fight and remembered his promise to MJ.

He found himself climbing the wall of her apartment, looking for the broken window he had fallen through before. Once he found it, he reached a hand through and knocked on the inside wall. He looked inside and saw MJ looking back. She seemed to be in the middle of cleaning up the glass.

"Can I help?" Peter asked with a kind voice, guest urging the mess upon the floor.

"Didn't you help enough already?" She replied in a rather rude tone.

"No, I don't believe I did." He replied, ignoring her tone. Peter jumped inside.

"And did I invite you in?" She said crudely but this time with a slight smirk.

"No, I don't believe you did." Peter replied as he started picking up little bits of glass. "You know, I'm really sorry about your window. If you need to replace it-"

"I'm fine." She said, her face now hidden behind her thick curled brown hair. She kept glancing at him nervously, like he'd find out a big secret of hers.

"Well then." Peter said as he dropped a large portion of glass into a garbage bag. "I'll just help pick this up."

"You don't need to." She replied sharply.

"What?"

"I said, you don't need to." She said with a hint of frustration.

"But I want to!" Peter said cheerfully, trying to lighten up the mood.

"Just.. leave. My parents will be home soon and I... I don't want them to see you." She said, her voice relaxed a bit.

"Won't it be easier to explain it though if I'm here?"

"You and your questions!" She said and dropped a pile of glass into the bag. Peter did the same. "If you wanted to help, you'd leave!"

"I'm sorry.." Peter sighed. Girls were so confusing. He felt his soulmark itch annoyingly. He looked at her as she quickly covered her ankle. The same place were his soulmark was. He paused. He had caught a slight glimpse of a tattoo on her ankle.

MJ stood up abruptly after hearing the door to her main apartment open. "They're here!" She said with scared wide eyes. She looked at Peter in shock, "leave now!" She said but this time she didn't seem annoyed or angry.

"What?"

"Leave! And take the bag!" She said and shoved the garbage glass bag to him.

"MJ?! You home?" Said a distant voice, muffled by her bedroom walls. She froze once more.

"Go." She whispered to Peter. He nodded and climbed out the window, part of him not wanting to leave.

He jumped into an alley way and dropped the bag in a dumpster before ripping off his mask with a hot flushed face. He had this string feeling towards MJ that he couldn't describe, despite her seeming like a jerk.

The itching persisted on his ankle so he took off his suit to see what was happening on his soulmark.

Then he saw it.

It was colored now. A spider and an artists pencil. He stared at it wide eyed. Had he met his soulmate already? Was it... MJ?

Part of him new it was, but the only problem? She already hates him.