Chapter Eleven: Family Situations

I was so confused and I hated confusion. I didn't know what to think at the moment. I mean one minute I was in the bed sitting down fuming and the next I am standing with the feeling of multiple eyes on me and auras similar to Markos. They were all vampires. Well maybe not all there was something else but the majority were vampires.

Markos had his hands around me and Baxter soothed me but I could not deny having more of these....bloodsuckers made me feel ill to my stomach. I find myself wishing that I had never decided to come so far from home and nowhere near my parents. My parents. I missed them dearly. This week had been so stressful and I just wanted to wake up but I knew this was not a dream at all. It was nowhere near it.  and it would be irrational of me to act as if it was so. 

Getting my bearings was the easy part but waiting for someone to speak made my skin itch. Obviously I was brought here for a reason but no one was letting the reason slip. It was just so quiet. Not even the sound of breathing other than my own and baxter's was heard. another reminder that Baxter and me were the only things alive in this room. All of a sudden life seemed even more valuable. More precious. 

"Well she certainly is beautiful. What pretty children she will have once you turn her." A female's voice rung out. It was oddly angelic and that made it all the more demonic. A voice that perfect in pitch and pronunciation had to be bad. Nothing was that perfect.

"She certainly has a fast track mind. Her thoughts are going a million miles an hour. She analyses quickly. She will have a lot more smarts." A deeper voice spoke. It was a tad bit deeper than what I was used to and almost hurt my ears in sense but yet it was still pleasant all the same.

I don't think I liked the idea that he could know what I was thinking. It was just another privacy taken from me. My dreams were not my own, my body apparently was not my own either, and now my thoughts. Privacy? What was the meaning of the word? It has slipped my memory as of late. it was a foreign thing to me now.

"I still think you do not deserve a human mate. I mean look at her. She isn't even one of the healthy ones. She cant see. She is pathetic. Has a dog that all it is good for is to barely do as its master says. She is a waste of time." Another female's voice spoke out into the silence. It didn't take a genius to know that I would not get along with this one. She was the type that I knew was going to give me trouble and already I was getting a headache just thinking about it. 

"She is not your concern. You all have seen her so now you can go." His voice seemed to thunder above me sending a shiver down my spine. An aura came out of him that would make the birds scattered and I didn't know whether to feel afraid of what he was capable of or to feel happy that he took offense to what the woman said. It was all so confusing.

"Can I just leave now?" I asked feeling smaller than I actually was. It was a new feeling for me. One where I felt like a rabbit being stared at by a bunch of hawks. They were just waiting for the hawk that held me to let go and then they would dive in and snatch me up.

"Look what you have done. You've made her scared. Go home!" Another female voice spoke. It was making me feel like a child when I was a full adult. Where was the attitude? Where was the bravery? Where was the woman that was here before all this happened?

"Everything will be fine." Markos spoke in my ear. His breath caused a shiver to travel through my body. A reaction I associated to be something he caused. It was a promise but was it something I could trust. So much had happened in the span of a few weeks. Where did it all go wrong? Was it the dreams? Maybe that was the start but it had to have been before then.

"For now we need to understand why the healing did not remain permanent for your beloved. Have you looked into it?"

"Do not start talking to me as if I don't know how to take care of my own mate. Yes I looked into it and there is nothing that states why she was not healed by the bond. There are no cases where this has happened." Markos replied.

All at once I could feel myself being lifted and a squeak left my lips as I found my arms wrapping themselves around his neck to keep from falling.

"Do you honestly think that I would let you fall?" He asked.

"I don't know what to think. I am just a human remember." I threw his words back at him. Why did I feel hurt by them? It wasn't as if I had any preconceived  notions that vampires were nice creatures. Most TV shows portrayed them as mystical beings of darkness with no hearts or lifespan. Was that suppose to change because I was all of a sudden mated, whatever that meant, to one? Probably not.

"Now is not the time to discuss that." He replied as we stopped and I felt like I was descending until something soft touched my skin. The couch. It was the couch in the living room.

"Well there has to be something that could explain why she didnt accept the healing." Another voice spoke. This one was slightly older and aged. Perhaps it was his mother.

"You don't think she is a blessed do you?" A males voice asked. That caused a pause in the room and I could feel the tension start to spike.

"That's impossible."

"What's a blessed?"

"There is no way that a blessed will be bonded with darkness. No way."

"What is a blessed?" I tried again.

Still I was ignored as they began to argue about the existence of blessedness and those beings being extinct and the probability of me being one. Which according to them was zero.

"WHAT IN THE HELL IS THE BLESSED?"

"Heaven. It's what in the heaven is a blessed, technically."

Well that didnt answer my question.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hello everyone.. well it has certainly been a while. Let's hope I can get back into the swing of things. Enjoy. And remember

Share

Follow

Comments

And enjoy

~Missyblue13