Chapter One: The Meeting

Baxter was a great dog. He was my Seeing Eye dog. Or at least the one I am using. I'm only using him because I don't know the area I am in at the moment. He was a pretty husky. Or at least that is what the people told me. They say he is pure white and looks like a wolf. I think I remember what a wolf looks like.

His fur was really soft and he was really manner able. He wasn't afraid of anything either.

"Are you Ziporah?" A voice said.

She was a female and from the smell of her very light scent she was an islander. She smelled of heat and fruits. I turned my head towards the sound and smiles.

"Yes I am and you must be Kimalani." I said.

"Oh my goodness how do you know? I mean sense you are blind- I mean I am so sorry I didn't mean it that way- I mea-"

"It's okay. I am okay with you saying it. I have been blind for most of my life. It's kind of a part of me. I can tell because you smell like the island. It's kind of hard to explain but my other senses have made up for the one I lost. "I said.

"Oh I get it so it's kind of like you have super powers." She said enthusiastically.

I laughed at her logic but slowly nodded.

"Umm... So do I need to show you where to go," she asked.

"No. I can handle it. Just walk.I can hear you." I said.

She hesitated I could feel it but she began to walk and I followed. Baxter helping me along the way.

She stopped and I knew what she was doing. She was testing me. I didn't mind because she was just so bubbly and was curious.

I walked right past her and stopped turned my head slightly.

"Kimalani why are you standing back there. Isn't the car over there," I asked.

"Ho-how did you kn-"She paused in mid sentence.

"I told you I can tell. Can you tell me about this job?" I asked.

"Oh yes. You are working for Mr. Markos Ganginoi as his house keeper. Um....do you think you can handle a job like that?" She asked.

"I'm sure. All you have to do is show me around and I can manage. I'm really good with finding my way around." I said.

My cheeks burned as the question I was about to ask was not my favorite.

"What's a matter you are blushing." She said.

"Can I feel your face? I want to know how you look." I said.

"Sure." She said.

I stretched out my hand and my finger tips brushed over her face. I remembered every crease and dip. She was pretty. Really pretty. I touched her hair and smiled.

"You are a red head." I said with a smirk or what I hope it was a smirk.

"How do you know that?" She asked.

I pulled my hand away and began to walk.

"Different hair colors have different textures. They are slightly different but different all the same. " I said.

My phone rung and instantly I knew it was my parents. Grabbing my phone I answered.

"Yes mother." I said.

"Dear did you land? Are you okay? Are you hurt? Do we need to come get you? We need to come get you don't we? Your father and I are coming to get you. Just stay right there baby. John!" My mother called.