~Chapter 18~

Picture of The Fields on the side

Ty's POV

The buzz of our doorbell made me alert, and I ran to it. "Grandma!" I hugged her tightly, smelling the same perfume she always wore.

"Awwww, my Ty-tee whitey." She pinched my cheeks affectionately.

"Grandma don't call me that!" I frowned inching away from her, noticing Titus with his arms crossed, leaning against the wall. He was definitely getting me later for that one.

"Grown up, I see." She chuckled. "And Titus, get your behind over here and hug me!" Titus gave her a fake smile, walking over and embracing her, except she didn't pinch his cheeks like she did to me. It made me feel childish that I was still treated like a kid. I was 13!

"Grandmother." He greeted casually.

"Mom!" Dad ran down to hug the small elderly woman.

"Hey Tyler." Titus grabbed my arm, pulling me off to the side, "Mom wants to talk to you." He whispered in my ear low enough for only me.

I nodded and headed up the steps after excusing myself. Titus, of course, had to pinch my cheeks mockingly. I headed down the hall towards my room, knowing well that everytime we talked, we would either be in my room or The Fields. As I walked in, I saw her sitting down on my bed. I sat beside her, letting the silence consume us. "Where do I start?" She questioned aloud.

"Maybe from the beginning." I joked making her chuckle.

"That sounds good." She smiles. "Do you believe in fairytales?"

I raised my eyebrow, "What? Why?"

"There's something I have to tell you Tyler. It should have been years ago, but I couldn't bring myself to do it." She brushed my hair with her fingers before placing them in her lap. "Some.... Stuff that you wouldn't expect to be real..... Are." She starred hesitantly. "Like werewolves, witches, and vampires."

I looked at her questioningly, "Y-you're joking, right?" But I could tell by the look on her face that she was far from it. I swallowed.

"Werewolves for instance, your brother is one, I'm a human, but your father is one.... And.... And you are."

I tilted my head, "How is this p-possible?"

"It's just the way we're born Tyler. It's something we can't control. Werewolves are real, and they can shift, and they have mates, and there are packs-"

"I..... I don't understand..."

"Tyler," She sounded somewhat impatient. Sighing, "Alright, I'll break it down for you. Every wolf shifts at 16, which means they get their wolf. But when they turn 17, they find their mate. Their other half..." Her eyes sparkled. "It's an amazing experience you and Titus will go through. Your mate will mean everything to you, and you'll never want to let her go. It's short for soul mate, like the other half of your heart you hadn't realized you'd been missing."

"Do you have one?" I whispered.

She smiled, "Your father, he and I are mates. Along with that, there are packs, and each pack has a leader. The top three ranks are Alpha, Beta, and Delta. The Alpha is in order of everything, they can control everyone and everything within their pack. But when an alpha finds their mate, their is a Luna Ceremony, which is when she steps up and becomes the Pack's mother. She's chosen by a pure heart, honesty, bravery, and ready to protect her pack from anything and everything dangerous. I'm a Luna, and your father is an Alpha Tyler. That means when we step down, Titus will take over because he's the oldest."