~Chapter 15~

Picture of Ty on the side (cast change later on)

Nicki's POV

"Hey Nicki, you have that thing after school with Tyler today?" Rose asked.

"Yeah, sorry. I promise I'll come tommorow." I slung my backpack over one shoulder.

"Nah it's fine, but this weekend we gotta hang out."

"I can't." I groaned. "There's that stupid ball with the alphas and lunas."

"Oh yeaaah, well we can hang out on Sunday and Friday."

"Sounds great." I told her as we parted ways. I was headed to The Fields and she was headed towards the bleachers. Valerie was excited as she jumped around, howling to be with Ty again. I began to walk at a faster pace just for her until I reached the green vines draped over the rock. I pushed them back a little and the scenery had me at aw again.

I sat criss cross applesauce on the grass and stared at the water. It was a clear blue, and I could see the small colorful fish. I jumped a little as hands covered my eyes, "Guess who?"

I rolled my eyes, "Really, Ty?" I laughed. He plopped down beside me and I turned to him with an amused expression, "What a way to surprise me."

His ears turned red and a blush crept over his face making me laugh, "Oh, I um.... I just.... I don't know." He stammered looking at the ground.

I couldn't help but laugh and he took out his drawing utensils and the unfinished drawing out. "It looks really great, but um, I kinda didn't do anything to make it happen. I feel bad you're doing all the work." I admitted frowning.

"No it's fine. I love drawing, I-I really do. I-If you want to help, here." He handed me the pencil and the unfinished drawing. "R-Remember how you drew the f-flower?" He asked.

I nodded and took a shaky breath. With Ty being so close to me, it made me nervous. My hand was shaking as I gripped the pencil and looked at the fields. I made the picture in my mind and tried to draw the flower bush but it came out scribbled because if my nervousness.

"Here. Try to hold it steady." He said holding my hand and keeping the pencil firm in place. I was doing my best, drawing lightly, and he helped me when I didn't know where to move it. My heart was beating fast again. Being so close to him made me feel jumpy.

I turned to him, my hand going limp and letting go of the pencil and he removed his hand from mine. I had just realized our closeness and my breathing nearly stopped. He stared into my eyes. It was pouring with so many emotions I could bathe in them. His blue eyes were making me feel dizzy inside, and I felt his breath tingle against my lips.

He pressed them against mine gently, molding them together as if trying out pottery. His lips were warm despite the frost nipping at our bare skin. Everything in the world seemed to stop, it was just Ty and I in the moment. He slowly slinked his arms around my hips, holding me lightly as if I would break. I placed my arms around his neck and pulled him closer.

Everything was silent except for the rushing water, but it was calming. I pulled away with my eyes shut. I was replaying the moment over and over in my head. His arms were still firmly around me. We stared at eachother for awhile. Almost like we were having a silent conversation. nothing needed to be said to explain our feelings.

We both scooted back awkwardly, unraveling our arms from one another, but Ty grabbed my hand. A warmness spread thought my entire body at the gentle, and small contact. He placed the pencil in my hand again and wrapped his hand in mine like the other times. "We need to finish that drawing." He said squeezing my hand for extra comfort. I could only grin in response.