~Chapter 16~

Picture of Nicki on the side

Nicki's POV

I was seriously dreading today, which was Friday. My art project with Ty was due, so I didn't have any excuses to hang out with him. I had a date with his older brother, and I had to get ready for the stupid ball tommorow and find a date.

I tapped my finger on my paper, not really paying attention. I was trying to plan out my entire day. I was still mad at myself for agreeing to go on a date with Titus. It made my blood boil every time I thought about it.

I wanted to distract myself, but the last thing I needed was a distraction. The bell rang, and everyone stood up. We all rushed out of the door in jumbles, crowding the hallway in a matter of minutes. "Nicki! Hey! Wait!" Rose waved her hand. I sighed while heading over towards her.

"Hey Roro." I smiled.

"Nicki is it fine if I come over today?" She questioned.

"Yeah, of course." I smiled.

"Okay good." She let out a sigh of relief. "Do you need a dress?"

"Yeah, I guess. Honestly, I don't even want to do this."

"Then you shouldn't have agreed." She shrugged.

"I know, but you and Aaron are growing closer and I didn't want to ruin it. Speaking of Aaron, how is it between you guys?"

Her entire face brightened, "It's awesome!" She squealed. "He's really sweet, but doesn't like when Titus is around. I think I'm going to fake break up with him." She said. Although I did feel bad in a way about Aaron and Titus. They were really close friends, and I felt like a complete bitch for ruining it, although Titus didn't seem to mind.

I followed her down the hall as she continuously spoke about Aaron. He actually seemed to be warming up to her. It made me happy for my best friend. "I'm so glad school is finally over. We have an entire week off." Rose sighed with relief.

"Yeah," I gulped, watching Ty talking to his friends. A smile was planted on his face when Emily popped up again. I raised an eyebrow as they began to talk. My wolf growled in jealousy. "What's up with that Emily girl?" She was in our pack, but she was always silent.

"She's nice, I mean, she is best friends with Tyler. Why do you ask?"

"Uh, no reason, just curious. So, about the dress." I attempted to change the subject.

"Hmmmm, for you I would suggest a half thigh strapless black dress. Maybe some gold 1 inch stilettos and gold jewelry?"

"My dad and brothers would never let me out of the house in that! Especially on a date!" I exclaimed.

"We'll figure something out." I got into my car, relieved I didn't have to drive Cole and Nick any longer because they had gotten their car repaired.

~•••~

When I walked into the house, I glared at Mina, Nina, and Tina. The pack whores, a.k.a. my brother's, and Titus' dates. Mina went with Nick, Nina went with Cole, and Tina went with Titus. They were rehearsing their dances for the ball. The alpha ball was basically an alpha get together, but most of the grown ups did the work. Only alphas and lunas over the age of 15 could come, as long as they brought a date.

Rose and I walked upstairs and to my room. She began to search my closet, looking for a good dress. I remember when we stocked up my entire closet with dresses and shoes that were specifically for special occasions. It was the only part of my closet I hadn't been to in forever. Rose was always the one finding the perfect dress and jewelry, and I never complained about her choice. She was litteraly a genius at fashion.