54. Love of My Life

I don't know how many of you have seen Love, Actually but Billy Mack is one of my favorite bastard characters and the scene at the end with him and his manager cracks me up every time. This is going to be a lot gayer though. Fluff. MANIA era.

Patrick was sick of watching Hallmark movies alone in his living room. He'd spent the past month busting his ass, booking studio time and radio interviews and talk shows, all so Pete Fucking Wentz could go party at Brendon Urie's when his single hit number one on Christmas Eve.

He shouldn't complain. He signed up for this when he became Pete's manager.

It's not like he's had a bad career. He and Pete have been in business together for over eighteen years- and it has been a great eighteen years- but he wished he got a little more appreciation.

(Mainly from Pete.)

Who wants to eat cookies alone while watching crap television on Christmas Eve?

The doorbell sounded throughout his apartment. Patrick sighed. "Coming!"

When he opened the door, Pete was standing on his doorstep.

"What the fuck are you doing here?" Patrick asked, not a hint of anger in his voice. "I thought you were going to party it up with Urie."

"I was, but uh..." Pete trailed off, looking at the ground. He swallowed. "I had an epiphany."

Patrick stared at him, then shrugged, opening the door wider. "Alright, come on in."

Pete didn't say anything at first; he paced the carpet behind Patrick's couch, presumably to get his thoughts in order. Patrick watched with his arms crossed. This wasn't abnormal, but it wasn't a regular thing either.

"So, you had an epiphany?" Patrick prompted.

Pete stopped in his tracks and let out a short breath. "Yeah. Right." He cleared his throat. "So I'm at Brendon's, surrounded by half-naked models and twinks, drink in my hand, when I realized something about Christmas."

"What, Pete?"

"Christmas is about being with the people you love."

Patrick nodded. "Yeah, and?"

Pete sighed and ran a hand through his hair. "I've spent the better part of two decades almost completely on my own, except for..."

Patrick's eyes widened. "Except for...me?" he asked quietly.

"Yeah. So it turns out that the people I love is. You." Pete spread his arms before letting them fall to his sides.

"Oh." Patrick took a deep breath. "I-um. I love you too."

Pete grinned.

Patrick held his arms out, unsure of what else to do. Pete stepped closer, falling into Patrick's embrace and wrapping his arms around him. Patrick hooked his chin over Pete's shoulder and held on tight.

Pete pulled back, a small smile stuck on his face. "So."

"So."

"Now that we've established that I love you and you love me..." Pete twirled a lock of Patrick's hair around his finger. "Can I kiss you?"

"Yes," Patrick said softly. "Yes, of course you idiot."

Pete let out a short laugh, then cradled Patrick's jaw in his hands. Patrick closed his eyes as Pete began to lean in. Pete kissed him gently, stroking Patrick's jaw as he did. Patrick sighed into it and placed his hands on Pete's chest. Pete nipped at his bottom lip as he pulled away.

"Merry Christmas, baby," Pete said with a grin.

Patrick smiled back. "Merry Christmas, Pete."