Chapter 4: The Secret

Start from the beginning

"This is it. Once that thing steps into the pond, it's goin' down." Cara mentioned.

We heard the walker coming our way. I hadn't seen a walker in years. I raised my sniper, ready to shoot down the raiders.

"Weapons ready." Cara ordered.

After a few moments, we saw the walker emerge from the forest. I anxiously watched as it slowly made its way towards the lakes where the trap laid.

"Just a few more steps." The Mandalorian mentioned.

My stomach dropped as the walker stopped right before the trap. I groaned. "It stopped."

The walker then turned a light on before scanning the area. I immediately ducked below our fort.

"Get down." The Mandalorian said to the villagers.

As the walker scanned the area, it fired a blast, hitting the village right behind us. I saw Caben flinch, planning on falling back. Cara seemed to notice as she shouted out. "Caben, stay there! Hold your positions!"

At that moment, the raiders ran out towards us. I scanned the area, focusing on them. They were Klatooinians and there was many of them.

"Open fire!" Cara exclaimed.

At Cara's words, I began firing at the raiders, picking them off one by one. But it didn't matter, as long as that walker is still functioning, it'll destroy the entire village.

"We gotta get that thing to step forward." The Mandalorian advised.

"I'm thinking." Cara replied. After a few moments, she spoke up again. "New plan."

"What do you have in mind?" The Mandalorian asked.

"Give me the pulse rifle." Cara urged.

The Mandalorian handed her his pulse rifle. He then took out his pistol blaster.

"I'll cover you." He informed her.

Cara then ran past the raiders and jumped into one of the lakes. I watched as Cara struggled getting the walker into the trap. I then looked over the Mandalorian as Cara's words echoed in my head. "I don't know what you're doing with the Mandalorian or what your intentions are-"

I knew I messed up, but now I intended to make things right. If I want to help, I had to reveal my secret. Without telling him a word, I rushed out towards the walker. I could hear the Mandalorian yelling my name.

"Helia! What are you doing?!" He shouted.

I knew it was now or never. I didn't think twice as I continued running, taking out my lightsaber from my belt before igniting it. I took down any Klatooinian raiders in my way. Once I was near the walker, I slashed down its legs, causing the walker to collapse into the trap. At that moment, the Mandalorian then approached me. He threw the detonator into one of the window. As soon as he tossed the detonator, I saw several Klatooinian raiders rushing towards us. Without thinking twice, I extended out my hands, using the Force to push the Mandalorian into the lake and out of harm.

I then whipped around facing the raiders. I hastily swung my lightsaber around, striking the raiders. I allowed myself to connect with the Force, letting it guide me. I spun around, clashing my lightsaber against their vibro-lances and vibro-axes. I used all my strength to push them back before striking them all down at rapid speed. One by one, the Klatooinian raiders around me all fell.

"Helia! Get out of there!" The Mandalorian shouted out.

I was caught up with fighting the raiders that I forgot about the detonator. By the time I remembered it was too late, the detonator went off. I was then flung back towards the village and it was there where I collapsed on the ground. I felt my eyelids grow heavy until I no longer had any strength left. The last thing I saw was the Mandalorian running towards me.

•••

"Why are you running away from your past?"

I looked around to find myself back in the Teeno Village district of Coronet City on my homeworld, Corellia. My hands began to sweat as memories of this place flooded my head. My heart thumped rapidly against my chest. I could hear my mom's screams, causing my chest to tighten. Why am I here? I then saw Obi-Wan Kenobi in front of me. My eyes widened. "Obi-Wan? What am I doing here?"

"Fear is not the Jedi way. You must learn to let go of everything you're afraid of." He reminded me.

"I'm not afraid." I retorted.

He raised an eyebrow. "Then why don't you use your real name, Delmira? That's the name your biological mother gave you."

"Yeah well she's dead." I shot back.

"You are stubborn and reckless much like your parents. But you are determined, kind, passionate, and generous, like your mother and father." He said. His face softened as he gave me a smile. "You look so much like your mother, but you have your father's eyes."

I felt a pang in my heart. How I wished I could have met her. I sometimes found myself thinking how different my life would be if my mother was still alive and if my father had not turned to the dark side.

"Why did she have to die?" I inquired.

He shook his head. "I don't know. Things happen for a reason, but you must trust in the Force. And you need to accept your past. If you ignore the past, you will jeopardize your future."

I hesitated. "I can't...you know what I've done."

"You can do it, I have faith in you. Start by opening up to the Mandalorian, Delmira. I'm sure he'll have plenty of questions when you wake up." He urged. "Remember you cannot run from your past forever, but you change the future. Be the light, Delmira."

I opened my eyes to find the Mandalorian sitting in chair beside my bed. In his lap was the child, who was fast asleep. I glanced over to see my arm-guards on a small table. Meanwhile Ani was in the corner, asleep and covered with my jacket. I wondered if the Mandalorian did that. Obi-Wan was right, I must tell him. The only way I can stop running from my past is by opening up to someone. I was so preoccupied with my thoughts that I didn't realize that he wasn't asleep.

"You're awake." He mentioned.

I looked over at the Mandalorian to see his helmet looking my way. There were moments like now where I wondered how his face looked. I mentally shook my head. I knew those thoughts were pointless. He's a Mandalorian and he followed the way of his people, which I respected.

"How was I out?" I inquired.

"Two days. The child wouldn't leave your side, so I stayed to watch him." He explained. 

Part of me wondered if that was the only reason he stayed here. I remained silent until the Mandalorian spoke up. "Who are you?"

"I'm sorry...I should've told you sooner, especially when Cara suspected something. My name isn't Helia Halcyon, it's actually Delmira Shmi Skywalker." I confessed.