Before he can respond, I turn away from him and follow Suki out on the balcony, closing the door behind me.

"It's been a long time, Angel. But, I see you're doing well," I sigh, watching as she shivers in the cold while Suki and I were warm, I in a fur coat and she in a thick, long black coat. "I suppose me quitting was what was best for you, huh?"

"Well, I wouldn't go as far to say that," Angel shrugs, wrapping her arms around herself. "I may be doing well, but I-I missed you. I still do."

I ignore her attempt at playing at my heartstrings and just step closer to her, which makes her take a step back. "Speaking of doing well, this place must cost you a fortune. Joker must pay you handsomely?"

"W-Well, I'm sure you've heard-" she stutters, taking another subconscious step back at my invasive questioning.

"Actually, I haven't," I interrupt her, tilting my head. "But, according to a lot of people, the Upper East Side is very expensive and you're nothing but a mere accountant at the Laugh & Grin."

Even in the dark, I can see her go pale as she shivers and stutters for an explanation. "W-Well, I had a lot of money saved from before you quit, you know. I-I'm kinda just here until that runs out."

"Then what?" I ask, taking another step toward her, making her back against the railing of the balcony. "I know how much you had saved, that's gonna last you, what? 3 more months? 4, if you're frugal?"

"Well, I had more than-" she starts, but Suki interrupts her, obviously becoming impatient.

"You did not have more than she thought, Angel," Suki scoffs as she comes to stand next to me, already knowing what she was going to say. "You were going broke when you came kissing Joker's Gucci loafers in August after we brought Cheyenne home from Louisiana. You were begging him to let you work for him. Did you forget I was there?"

"I-I remember, but-" she starts, but I interrupt her again.

"My money is missing," I state, arms crossed. She seems stunned to silence for a moment, her arm dropping to her sides to grip the railing.

"What?" She asks, her voice a little faint.

"My money. Is missing," I repeat, slower this time so that she can really take in my words. "My unit is empty."

"You mean the unit?" She asks her voice quiet and suddenly standing straight. Her posture is tense, almost frigid. I chuckle at her as she looks between Suki and I, seemingly not sure if Suki was allowed to know about the unit.

"She's fine. She was there when I found out," I assure Angel, giving her one curt nod. "Anyway, would you know anything about that?"

"N-No. I don't know if you've talked to Damon but he came a couple days ago asking about the unit. He said he needed to borrow my key and he wanted to know if I'd been there, b-but I told him that I haven't," she shakes her head, looking off as if she was thinking. "I honestly forgot about it. I couldn't even find my key. Maybe he had something to do with it."

"Hm. Did you really forget about it?" I ask, taking another step toward her, Suki right behind me.

"W-Well-" she starts, but as she tries to take another step back, she bumps into the railing and almost tumbles over, but I reach over and catch her, my hand wrapped around her arm. "Holy shit, thank you so much."

I pull her toward me, away from the railing, helping her get stable on her feet. "Well, that's what friends are for, right? Best friends. I'd never let you get hurt, just like you wouldn't let me get hurt, right?"