Chapter Twelve

Even though he had been scheming and plotting these past few weeks, Jake had wisely not told Gemma of his plan to surprise her about the concert, until the day before, knowing if he had given her a longer time, she would have found an excuse to wriggle out of it.

This way, she didn't have the time to give it too much consideration. She was already occupied sorting Ellie out that first evening, there wasn't much time to think about anything else. So, his plan worked beautifully much to his satisfaction.

Now he had her where he wanted her, sitting next to him in the back car, being driven to the stadium venue, where he was playing that night.

Maggie had found a few of her personal contacts in the hair and make-up department to pay Gemma a visit earlier that afternoon as a favour, to give her a bit of a pamper. and 'glam' her up for the evening, which also met with Jake's approval.

He had never seen Gemma look quite so well. Her usual shoulder length fair hair, which she usually tied back in a ponytail, had been cut and styled in a more modern fashion, that suited her face, the make-up accentuated her hazel eyes, and full mouth.

She was dressed in a dark blue silk knee length dress that showed all her curves of in the right places, that was finished off with a matching wrap around her almost bare shoulders. He noticed she kept tugging at the hem trying to pull it down over her knees somewhat self-consciously, as she sat next to him, whilst glancing nervously out the darkened windows at the passing scenery.

"Will you just relax and enjoy yourself for once," Jake chided her, and now reached out to grab two glasses and the bottle of champagne he had on chill.

"It's hard, I am just not used to all this" Gemma gestured with a wave of her hand, at her surroundings in the spacious car.

"Well just get used to it for tonight," Jake advised handing her the glass of champagne he had just poured for her.

"This is crazy, you didn't have to do this" she reminded him, for what seemed, the hundredth time that day. But she took the glass from him all the same, much to his relief.

"Yes, I did," he insisted, "everyone but you, agrees with me, so please don't mention it again" he rebuked her lightly.

Gemma laughed and took a sip from her glass, "Ok, I suppose I will try and enjoy myself, seeing you have gone to all this effort" she relented and settled in a more relaxed manner beside him in the cushy leather car seat.

"Good," Jake clinked his glass against hers. "Here is to your special night," he added his eyes twinkling with mischief, before taking a sip.

"You better have no other surprises up your sleeve Jake Kavanagh" Gemma warned suspiciously.

His eyes widened, "What do you mean, like inviting you on stage with me?" he queried suggestively

"Don't you dare! Or I am getting out of this car right now" Gemma threatened, horrified at the idea.

Jake just chuckled, "Relax I am just winding you up, I wouldn't do that to you. I know you would be mortified, but it was worth teasing you, for the look on your face"

"Pig!" she returned, thumping him non too lightly in the arm, that he almost spilled his drink, not believing he would do he would do that to her, "I thought you wanted me to enjoy myself?"

"I do, honestly. So now you can relax knowing that is not going to happen" he pointed out, "No, what's really happening is, you getting full backstage access, and watch all the goings on, plus the best view in the stadium to watch during the actual concert, as well as all my minions dancing attendance to you, with food drink, whatever you want during the night" he then explained to put her mind at ease.