5. A Weird Nightmare ☠️🌙

🎵 songs that inspired me for this chapter 🎵

Good thing - Zedd & Kehlani

Speechless - Dan + Shag & Tori Kelly

Youngblood - 5 Seconds of Summer

A Drop in the Ocean - Ron Pope

Hurts So Good - Astrid S

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-- sienna garcia --

I tilt my head left and right in attempts to crack my stiff neck joints after an intense three-hour work session.

My groggy eyes relax its muscles as I shift my gaze to the sapphire blue evening sky in the far distance. Beautiful constellations greet me and congratulate me on my achievement of completing the blueprints for our project.

My hands fly above my head instinctively and the sides of my torso feel a tight stretch. The crisp evening air fills my lungs completely, rejuvenating my overworked soul.

"Hey," He greets from behind as he returns from the restroom, and my shoulders jump in shock.

"Wh-What the hell dude!" I scream, exasperated by his constantly unwanted presence today.

I'd spent the past three hours with a stranger I don't even know and the tell-tale signs of social exhaustion are already slowly closing on me.

"Woah, chill. I apologize for scaring you like that. I didn't think you'd have such a big reaction." "You think?!" I retort and comb my fringe up.

"Do you wanna take a stroll?" He asks cooly and shrugs as his hands go to his trouser pockets.

"That's a dumb question," I frown. We're both headed towards the bus stop, so that question's a no-brainer.

I shove my stationery into my backpack hastily so that he doesn't have to stand around and watch me keep my stuff. It's really unnerving for me anyway.

Our legs move in strange unison, each stride in complete sync with the other as we amble our way to the bus stop outside.

"Well, you could, but that'll be quite a pity, don't you think? The sky's really pretty tonight," He grins and looks upwards, possibly gesturing for me to do the same but I refuse to.

His broad shoulders bump against mine a few times by accident as we struggle to figure a comfortable distance between each other. He doesn't acknowledge it, and neither do I.

The neighborhood playground comes into view and he changes direction towards it.

"I'm sorry for earlier on," He says softly as we take a seat on a bench positioned before the children slide. The cool light from the lamppost does much to illuminate the dark space and the place looks as good in the dark as it does busking in light.

I look up from my fingers and for the first time today, give attention to the way his eyes fail to emit as much hope as before.

"I just thought that because we had talked the night before, you might want to tell me about this other... 'thing' that's going on too," He smiles sadly and brings his eyes down to his intertwined hands that are now gripped tightly against each other.