He looked at me. "Really?"

I nodded. "Yup. It's getting boring going this slow."

Laughing, he nodded his head. "Sure." He glanced at me. "Wait. Before we do," he said, halting us to a stop off to the side so we didn't get in people's way. He took his scarf off, which was a dark red color and chunky knit. "Here."

My eyes widened as he wrapped it around my neck and the bottom part of my face. I could feel the coldness of my face defrost from how warm it was. It smelled like him and I couldn't help myself but breathe it in. "Um," I said after a few moments. "Why?"

He stared at me. "You're face was getting red from the cold, obviously. Why didn't you wear a scarf in the first place?"

"I don't own one."

Rolling his eyes, he sighed. "Of course." He grabbed my hand, throwing me a smirk. "You said you wanted to go faster, right?"

I was about to say something, however before I could, he was already pulling me along. We were going pretty fast and I struggled to keep up. "Hey, you ass!" I exclaimed, practically squeezing his hand. "Slow down! I didn't mean this fast!"

At this point, he was skating by himself while pulling me along. My legs were stiff straight in fear and I was surprised he didn't say anything yet about how I was practically crushing his hand. "Everett!" I yelled.

Finally, he started slowing down, stopping us in the middle of the rink. I glared at him. "Don't do that ever again!"

He laughed. "Why? It was fun. The look of terror on your face was the best."

I pushed him, causing him to slide a little bit away from me. "I swear, when we get off this ice, I will murder you."

Throwing me a smirk, he crossed his arms. "If you can get off without my help," he said. "I'm way over here now. Will you be able to do it?"

Swallowing, I glanced at the gate of the rink, which was pretty far. I shrugged nonchalantly. "I can do it," I said cooly. "I don't need you."

Nodding his head, he started to slowly skate away. "Okay, if you're sure, I'll just get off now then."

"Wait!" I exclaimed, shooting my arms out in a gesture to stop him, which just made me lose my balance and I steadied myself, exhaling heavily. "I'm sorry. Please help me."

I narrowed my eyes at him as he tried not to laugh. "Come here then," he told me. "Try skating to me, at least."

"Fine," I grumbled. Taking a deep breath, I slowly skated myself forward, almost tipping off to the side. I held both arms out in an effort to balance myself and continued on, like a baby penguin. Looking up, I noticed Everett watching me with a warm expression in his eyes, causing my heart to race.

I looked down at my feet, unable to handle the feeling of nerves building up in my stomach. Breathing in and out slowly, I finally was almost in front of him, when a voice yelled out from behind me.

"Watch out! I can't stop!" The voice screamed.

I glanced behind me to see a girl that looked to be about twelve years old speeding towards me with a nervous look on her face. Before I could react, she crashed into me, sending my body forward.

Yelping, I braced myself for contact with the cold ice, eyes shut tightly, only to have them shoot open upon coming into contact with another body, who I already knew was Everett. He wrapped his arms around me as we fell down onto the ice, him groaning from the impact and me landing on top of him.

"Holy shit!" I yelled. "Everett, are you okay?!" I propped myself up on his torso and peered down at his face.

"Y-Yeah," he breathed. "I'm fine."