part eighteen

"hey!" an all too familiar voice yelled. the gang turned around, and i looked in the direction of the voice.

it was boris. his thick accent stood out so much i didn't even have to look at him to know who it was.

"oh look at that, you're boyfriend finally decided he would show up." some people were watching this go down, others were too busy eating to care.

"leave him alone." he said blankly, but in a mad tone. my eyes teared up a little bit.

the trio went over to boris. i was still sitting up against the wall, watching this. my heart was racing, i was scared for boris.

i couldn't deny how much i still loved him. this school was so shitty no matter what happened, if someone killed a kid the teachers would just shrug it off. maybe a two day suspension.

"why should we? you don't wanna watch your little fuck buddy get hurt?" they all laughed at toms remark. i was infuriated, and boris was too.

tom looked at nick and tyler, and then took a strike. wham, boris was punched in the cheek. he almost fell but stood his ground. i felt like i was going to be sick.

boris got punched again but fell this time. i heard him grunt from pain. all of the pain i was feeling went away. i stood up (slowly) and went over to them.

"s-stop!" i stuttered quietly. i only looked at them for a quick second before looking down at boris. he smiled softly, nose bleeding. my heart ached.

when they turned around to face me, boris dead legged tom causing him to gasp, but not fall.

"you son of a bitch." tom muttered.

"go potter." boris said to me quietly. his face was laying on the cold tile floor. a tear slid from his eye.

i opened my mouth to say something, but nothing came out. they kicked at him, and he winced in pain, and you could tell he was trying so hard not to cry or scream.

i couldn't look at this. i wanted to help him, so bad. but they're all twice my size. and boris told me to go. even though i shouldn't have, there wasn't much more i could do.

tears sliding down my face, i ran out of the lunchroom and into the bathroom. i didn't know where else to go. there wasn't anywhere else to go.

so there i was. in the bathroom, crying and scared.

————

the rest of that day at school i didn't see boris. i looked for him everywhere but didn't see him anywhere. not even in civics we have together.

people kept looking at me but i didn't care. i didn't care what anyone thought.

at home i felt brain dead. i wanted to see boris. to know he was okay.

why the fuck would he do that? for me? he owed me nothing, but he still saved me. who knows if he was even partly alive...

i knew we weren't on good terms, and it was the worse feeling. because boris was all i had. he's all i want. i could be friends or date anyone in the school, but it was boris i wanted. who i cared about. and i had to make things right, especially after how he almost died (unconfirmed) for me.

i stood up off my bed and started walking downstairs. from the sudden movement popchyk got startled but immediately followed close behind me, staying close at my heels.

im coming boris, please tell me you're okay.