I walked out to the car that sat a cooled off Blaze and my little brother who was buckled and sat quietly in the back.

I turned to Blaze, “Is that what your mother, and all your other relatives and friends, see me as?”

“What are you talking about Sage?” Blaze asked turning on the car.

“As an h-o-e” I told him spelling it out so my brother wouldn’t understand.

“Why would you think that?”

“Because Blaze it’s not every day, someone like me gets someone like you.” I told him crossing my arms over my chest.

“Does it matter what they think, Sage? This deal was for you to pretend to be my fiancé for a little while.”

“Oh, yeah you’re right. Seeing as I am a girl, I let my feelings and personal beliefs get in the way.  I forgot you’re a cold, selfish, stoic person who doesn’t care about anyone else’s feelings. I’m sorry that I don’t like being called a hoe. What was I thinking?” I told him sarcastically looking straight ahead.

“Sage,” he said his eyes softening. I ignored him and turned to my little brother.

“Okay so what do you want to do first?”

“Who is he?”

“Oh, uhm, well he’s uhm a-“I stuttered not being able to get out an answer before Blaze beat me to it.

“I’m her boyfriend.” Blaze coolly replied all I could do is glare at him.

“Oh, okay! I want to go get ice-cream!” Cory yelled happily.

Blaze drove to the nearest Ben & Jerry’s, and immediately when we walked in, every girl’s eyes were on Blaze. I simply rolled my eyes and walked up to the counter where a girl no older than 15 was starring at Blaze with google-y eyes.

“Uh, hi. I would like Karamel Sutra and my brother would like Half-Baked.”

“And I’d like the Triple Caramel Chunk.” Blaze told her.

I scrunched my eyes up in a surprised smile. “You like caramel?”

“Yeah, it’s like my secret addiction.” I smiled now knowing more about Blaze.

When our ice cream came out, and I stuck the spoonful into my mouth I groaned at the flavors, which earned a laugh from my brother and an actual chuckle from Blaze. I got a chuckle! That is progress!

“I usually don’t share food, because its gross, but I want to try yours.” Blaze only nodded, so I stuck my spoon into his ice cream while he did the same to mine.

I ate the spoonful and it actually was pretty good. “Hey, I actually like yours!”

“Well yours could be better,” he joked. We are making a lot of progress, Blaze just joked with me. Then his phone buzzed, he looked down at the message he got and back up to me.

“What’s up?” I asked taking another spoonful of his delicious ice cream.

“Hey! Stop eating my ice cream. Get your own.” He told me with an amused warning glare.

I stuck my tongue out at him; “You might get your tongue stolen, if you keep that up.” I just rolled my eyes at his comment.

“So what was that on the phone?”

“Oh, our new condo is ready, with all our stuff in it.”

“So you, never coming home?” Cory asked with a sad face. To be honest I felt bad because I completely forgot he was here.