Chapter 37

Look at the banner made by Dreamerfromthegalaxy! I decided to break this into two chapters instead of 3rdperson, cuz I didnt like it. Stop asking when I'm going to update, please. Blaze pov, is next chapter. Comment and vote! Dont forget to go look at the interview and comment and vote. *Not Edited*

I bet this time of night you're still up. I bet you're tired from a long hard week.
I bet you're sitting in your chair by the window looking out at the city.
And I bet sometimes you wonder about me.

And I just wanna tell you It takes everything in me not to call you.
And I wish I could run to you. And I hope you know that every time I don't
I almost do,

I bet you think I either moved on or hate you 'Cause each time you reach out there's no reply.
I bet it never ever occurred to you that I can't say "Hello" to you
And risk another goodbye.

Oh, we made quite a mess, babe. It's probably better off this way.
And I confess, babe, In my dreams you're touching my face
And asking me if I wanna try again with you.
And I almost do. Artist:Taylor Swift Song: Almost Do

 Sage’s  Pov.

 I took a cab home, and this time home meant the house that Blaze had brought my mom and little brother. I could see the lost and sad look on Zac’s face when I left, and it hurt to just leave him like that; I mean he was one of my best friends. I’m not one to usually run from my problems but I couldn’t handle the rejection that was bound to come from Blaze.

When I got away from the condo I cried more than I ever thought I could. I told myself that I wouldn’t cry anymore after my father’s death, but I broke that rule. I cried till I couldn’t cry anymore. I loved Blaze and I always had. Zac was right; I fell in love with his best friend and every time I was going to finally get the nerves to tell him, something would get in the way. Good thing too, because he would have just turned me down. The cab driver glanced back a couple times and finally asked if I was okay, and I just replied a simple yes.

I pulled the bag of my old things up the driveway and to the door, I knocked and waited. I didn’t dare bring any of the clothes that Blaze had bought me; they didn’t belong to me, they belonged with the deal.

The door came open and my little brother's head popped out. "Sage?" he questioned, then his eyes lit up. "Where's Blaze? I want him to help me with my math homework, and then he could come watch cartoons with me, like we do every time he comes over."

My eyes started to water once again so I took a deep breath, and blinked back the tears. I bent down to his level and looked him in the eyes. "He's not going to be in our lives anymore okay? I'll help you with your homework." I got up and walked into the house.

I sat my bags down, pushing my bangs out of my face and my phone vibrated in my pocket. It was Blaze, and even though he wasn’t here, my heart seemed to speed up in my chest. I pushed ignore and walked into the kitchen where my mom was. Though California was huge a state, I knew that I would see Blaze again. School had been done for the year a couple of weeks ago, but I knew that I would see him and the others around and I would have to face questions.

"Sage! What a surprise! Where's Blaze? Have you been crying? Baby, what's the matter?"My mom’s expression went from excited to see me, to confused and worried. She was now the only person I could confide into.

So I broke down, "Mom, he-he-he doesn’t love me. I know it was just a deal, but I thought he fell in love with me. I love him, I really do; with all my heart." I know I was too big for this but she sat at one of the chairs holding me while I cried into her shirt.