Chapter 23

I reccommend the book The Guy, by TelnishaHaymond. This book is such a great book and the boy is so mysteriously great, I cant even describe. I LOVE this book so far and it's a pretty much have you stuck reading in one sitting, book.

Oh and I got some interesting questions last time. Blaze is American, so is Sage. I'm American too. Blaze is formal because of the etiquette classes he went to, but he's still American.  Oh and if you wanted to see the cast they are on the last chapter! :) enjoy!

Oh and off to the right are pictures of Lana and Mark, and on the bottom Marnie and Stacy

Baby I know, you do that to all the girls
You know that I'm fragile,

And I can't believe you or read you

Cause there's pleasure in your preview
It's all in your eyes-Artist: Solange Song: Sandcastle Disco

Sage’s Pov.

Zac’s parents handed their jackets to Blaze and he just tossed them onto a random stool at the breakfast bar. I rolled my eyes but I left them there anyway because they would be easier to locate that way. He sat back around the Monopoly board with the now beaming Lana and the hurt Zac and his parents. I joined them and we played as normal.

“So Sage can we expect kids soon?” Marie asked with stars in her eyes, she was the type of person you would hate to disappoint.

I shrugged and looked at Blaze, “Pshh, I don’t know if he could handle kids.”

Blaze looked shocked for a quick second, but regained his composure. “Is that a challenge?” I just shrugged at him and he pulled me into a side hug and kissed me on my forehead. I noticed lately that Blaze has been very affectionate lately, whether we’re in front of our friends or not. He’d do little sweet gestures that I’m pretty sure he wouldn’t have even thought about doing when I first got here.

The game went on as normal, with Zac cheating and Lana attacking him. Marie just smiled and allowed it to happen, and Tyler laughed about it. These were some nice parents and Marie decided to help me get the food ready in the kitchen.

While I was getting the meatloaf out of the oven, Marie was stirring the gravy. I looked up and saw Blaze throw a game piece at Mark, and smiled a little when Mark thought it was Zac. Zac poked out his bottom lip and threw a piece at Blaze, and it hit him square in the forehead. Even though it was a tiny plastic piece Blaze wasn’t expecting it so his head went back a bit and I giggled.

“So honey, how exactly did you get Blaze to open up to you? He hasn’t been that way in a long time.”

“He didn’t,” I smiled. “I opened up to him, and he’s slowly becoming a person that I’ve never seen before, and it’s a good thing.”

“Well one thing I know is under that mask, I’ve never seen Blaze happier. He’s happier with you.” She smiled gave me a warm side hug and carried the gravy to the table. It felt good to know that people who were close to Blaze thought I was making him happy, it was comforting, and I sort of believed them. I was falling in love with Blaze, and I knew that would be a bad thing in the long run.

But I couldn’t help it, I was falling in love with him now, not just his nice spurts. I was falling in love with the mean attitudes, with how he slept, with how he was so dedicated to work, how he was playful one minute and serious the other, the way he’d hold me. And if someone asked me if it scared me, I’d tell them that  falling is always scary, especially when you know what’s at the bottom.