Whiplash

AN: Sorry for the month delay, writer's block. Enjoy what's coming. Flashback continued...

-

Monroe's pov

Stark is nowhere in sight. I scan the room for Nat in hopes she'd know where I could find him. I close my eyes and take in a deep breath, trying to catch a familiar scent when instead a familiar voice is heard. My eyes snap open and turn to the flat screen hanging from the wall. Is he out of his mind?! I sense Nat nearby and walk over to her.

"Do you know anything about this?" I whisper once I've reached a close enough distance.

"Not at all, what is he up to?" Nat whispers back.

"I don't know, but this can't happen. Where's Happy?"

"He's waiting outside."

"Okay get him, I need him." Before she turns to leave I call for her again. "Nat... be ready..."

She responds with a simple nod, catching the glow in my eyes. Minutes pass and the race cars are already rushing out to the track. I jogged out of the building myself, finding my way around. I ended up in between the crowd of people, looking out from the bleachers. I spot a man in an orange suit walking in the middle of the track. His weapons are revealed burning the top half of his uniform. Just as a speeding cart came towards him, he whipped the vehicle making a clean cut. I have no choice now. I ran from the top of the bleachers until I was close enough to jump over the fence. People jumped out of the way, frightened but stuck in their seats as I landed on the racetrack as my body shifted from your average two legged human to an enlarged four legged creature.

Looking up at the crowd in my canine form, intrusive thoughts from the crowd made their way into my head. I shook it off and focused my thoughts on Natasha.

'Nat, if you can hear me, make sure Happy gets that case to Stark'

I turned to the villainous figure as his weapon makes another clean-cut through Tony's cart. I used all force from my hind legs to push me forward, practically leaping in the air just to get myself to reach the car. My movements were swift, but careful as I sunk my fangs into Stark's uniform and yanked him from the restraints before the cart crashes. With my front paws hitting the ground first, we tumbled toward the wreck. I notice the cars coming our way all at once, crashing into each other. I slowly lifted myself off the ground and looked around to see where Tony had landed. Once I was assured, I looked back at the man and snarled. I don't think he was expecting some giant dog coming to Stark's rescue.

'Hide behind another crashed cart' I demanded. Tony crawled over as I ran toward the enemy. He swung his whip in defense, but I jumped out of the way. Landing behind him, he turns around to watch my movements. I can see Tony grabs a random scrap of metal and lunge toward the man from behind.

He only stumbled back before whipping the object out of Tony's hands. The electrical whips were thrown around to try and hit Stark, but he impressively managed to miss every hit. Around the third swing, I had made my way back to Tony and latched on to his sleeve to pull him back from a fourth. However, the force from the whip had thrown us both back into the track wall.

'Play dead' I instructed Tony. 'You see the gas running down the cart?'

'Good plan' Stark caught on.

I limped my body and waited for the right moment. Tony had a better view of the enemy on a bent mirror. I could hear the whips being swung to build momentum.

'NOW'

Stark jumped over the cart before the whip made contact and landed safely on the other side. I then spotted Happy driving toward us and quickly jumped out of the way. The car smashed the guy into the track wall.

Fangs | A Tony Stark Series (fan fiction)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें