Everything and Nothing

AN: The images revealed in this chapter help visualize the character's fangs. Just kind of merge the two ideas and there you have it. As far as shifting, you can go with twilight's version. Okay, flashback continued...

-

Monroe's pov

"Okay, concentrate." Coulson orders from across the couch we sat on in his office. I exhale deeply to free my mind of any irrelevant thoughts. My eyes are shut and my hands are placed softly on my lap. All tension is released as I feel the energy circulate in my veins. 

"Now open your eyes and tell me what you see." 

My eyes were glowing their usual bright blue as visions formed. It was as if I was standing right in front of Tony, but he couldn't see me. "Stark has his hand raised behind his head. He's not alone."

"Who is he with?"

"I don't know, but he looks more terrified." I turn around to figure out what they had been looking at. "Armed men are blocking the entrance."

"Where are they, Jess?"

"It looks like they're being held in some cave." I listen to the older man beside Tony as he translates. "They want him to build a missile... the missile he demonstrated for the air force."

"Can you tell me what they look like?" 

I didn't respond as I waited for Tony's response. Once he refused, a couple of men grabbed him forcefully and dunked his head in a pool of water. I grabbed the armrest of the couch and squeezed as my throat tightened from lack of oxygen. He was being waterboarded. My head was pulled back on the couch as I gasped for air.

"Jess, get out of there!" Coulson shouted. My eyes stopped glowing as I was brought back to my reality. I coughed at the sudden flow of oxygen. 

"What the hell happened?" 

I took a few seconds to catch my breath before responding, "He refused." Before I could say more, I was pulled back in the visions. I followed Tony and the armed men. Looking around, I could see different prototypes from Stark Industries. "Impossible"

"What is it?"

"Weapons from Stark Industries. They shouldn't be here." I watched Tony's confused expression. The leader speaks again. "He's proposing a deal. Once the missile is finished, they'll set him free." I inform Coulson.

"It's a bluff," Coulson states matter of factly. My eyes cooled once again and I turned to face the agent.

"What do we do know?"

"Could you describe what their leader looked like?"

"I can do better," I said before raising my hands to both sides of his face, hovering my fingers over his temples. Blue energy filled that small space in between, making his eyes glow. I showed him the face of our suspect and then Tony. "They're in a desert. He could be anywhere." I declared.

"His chest." Coulson points out.

"I'm not sure what it is. But from the looks of it, it's keeping him alive." I brought Coulson back and stood up to find Nat. Coulson went his own way to inform Fury about the leader and Tony's situation.

"Did it work?" Nat asks curiously.

"Yeah..." I reply, not at all hiding the heartbroken expression I held. 

"As much as I hate the guy, Tony is a smart man. He will, one way or another, find a way to keep himself alive. He loves himself too much to do otherwise." Nat lightens up the mood with a not so false fact. I laugh knowing she wasn't wrong.