Personal Assistance

AN: flashback continued...

Monroe's pov

"You want me to what?!" Nat laughed hysterically in the background as I questioned Coulson.

"Look, I know Stark isn't the most likable guy-"

"The most likable guy?!" I scoffed. "He is a playboy billionaire who takes advantage of his wealth and uses his pathetic ego to lure women into his bed."

"Fury just wants you to make sure the technology doesn't get into the wrong hands."

"Why doesn't Fury tell me himself."

"He knew you'd refuse. You and Romanoff are the only two brave enough to confront Fury."

"So he sent you to do his dirty work... because he knows I have a soft spot for you."

"Come on, Jess. His father helped create this place. We owe it to him to protect his son and his work."

I sighed knowing he had a point. It's not like I have much of a choice. Besides, I couldn't say no to Coulson. He's been a father figure to me since S.H.I.E.L.D. took me in.

"Fine."

"Make sure to attend his every need" Nat adds with a smirk. My eyes glowed the slightest of blue as I telepathically leaned her chair causing her to fall back. My eyes returned to their normal shade followed by me chuckling.

"Look who's laughing now."

Time Skip

I walk into one of Stark's overpopulated parties with a dark red off the shoulder dress, hopefully catching the billionaire's attention. I sit at the bar ordering a cocktail just to start me off. The drink manages to ease my mind a bit. The stool next to me is then filled by a new presence. Showtime.

"I'll take an old fashioned"

"For old fashioned, you and your company have quite the modern take."

Stark takes a look at me and scans my figure, "Have we met?"

"Not likely." I take the last bit of my drink.

"Well, I'm sure you know exactly who I am seeing you're at my party."

"Or maybe I snuck in for the free drinks," I emphasized by swinging the empty glass and setting it down.

"Pretty lady like you doesn't look like an alcoholic."

"You don't know a thing about me, Stark"

"So you do know me. I think it's fair that I get to know you."

'All of you...' I mentally vomit when his thought crosses my mind. Sometimes I'd like to turn off my abilities.

"Well if you must know, I'm Julia Montez and I'm definitely taking advantage of your bar and of an opportunity." I look down at his lips as I slowly leaned in.

"To do what?" He leans closer.

"To get to know my boss" I take his drink that is sat on the surface below his resting arm and seductively pull the glass to my lips as I watch the realization smack him across the face.

"Happy hired you." 

"Guilty."

"Perfect. Take this party as a celebration of being my new personal assistant."

"Thanks, Mr. Stark. But I'd much rather get started. So if you'd show me where I'll be working that'd be-"

"Call me Tony," he stated while displaying his hand, waiting for me to take it. I smirked at the gesture and turned away from the man as I started heading out to the car being pulled up for us outside the building. His thoughts don't even begin to scream innocent as he watched me walk away before following.

Time Skip

We have now arrived at his no doubt costly mansion located in Malibu. He's got a great view of the stars out here. We head inside and he pours us both wine.

"This is usually the part where I show you my bedroom, but seeing as you're my assistant..." He leads with his wine in hand. I walk into what I believe is my office.

"Not bad."

"So tell me, Montez. Why the dress?"

"Well, Tony." I made sure to approach in a seductive manner as he hummed in approval. "I had to make the first impression count." Taking a sip of wine, I add "and I couldn't come to a party underdressed."

The next morning, I update Nat. Today was the first of many. As time passed, I've heard every complaint, every flirtatious remark, and every girl scream his name most nights. It's worse not only hearing things at a more intense volume from my enhanced senses but hearing their thoughts run through my head. But this is my mission...

Stark will be the death of me.