Chapter Twelve

"Pietro?"

"Wanda! Wanda I'm here! Answer me!" He looked around him, it was all a still, black darkness.

"Pietro!"

"What's wrong?"

"I-I'm scared!"

"Of what? What's scaring you?!"

Suddenly the darkness started to shift and move. Swirling and twisting and spinning. Colors- usually red, sometimes purple or blue- would suddenly bubble up and then pop, as if the darkness was boiling. It was unnerving, to say the least.

It only got worse. Pictures, moments started popping up. Monsters and memories and nightmares competed for attention as Pietro saw a hellhound lunging at him turn into a bomb labeled 'STARK' which then exploded and Pietro felt himself get ripped apart. And it just kept going, terror after terror. If this is what Wanda had been seeing the whole time, no wonder she wasn't coming out of her shock.

"What the h*** is this, Wanda?!"

"My dreams," Wanda said sadly, terror ringing in her voice. Pietro suddenly understood why she so often woke up screaming, and why she never wanted to talk about it. This would be so hard to explain, and still make sure the feeling of sheer terror still rang through clearly. After three weeks nonstop of this, he was surprised that she even still appeared sane.

"Well, I'm here to get you out, wake you up."

"I have to clear my head for that to work and, well..." She gestured around.

"You can do it, I know you can. You just have to focus on something. Something calming."

"Like what?"

Pietro sat down, pulling her into his lap. She snuggled against him, trying to block out the terrors. But it wasn't really working. Pietro racked his brain for anything that could distract her. What could possibly work? Maybe her favorite song? Worth a shot.

He started singing quietly, getting her attention. "Hey, brother. There's an endless road to rediscover. Hey, sister. Know the water's sweet, but blood is thicker.

"Oh, if the sky comes falling down. For you."

"There's nothing in this world I wouldn't do." She joined him.

She quietly sang the next part herself. "Hey, brother. Do you still believe in one another?"

"Hey, sister. Do you still believe in love? I wonder." He took it from her.

She joined him again. "Oh, if the sky comes falling down. For you, there's nothing in this world I wouldn't do."

"What if I'm far from home?" Pietro sang.

"Oh, brother I will hear you call. What if I loose it all?"

"Oh, sister I will help you out."

The tuned in together again. "Oh, if the sky comes falling down. For you, there's nothing in this world I wouldn't do."

"Hey, brother. There's an endless road to rediscover."

"Hey, sister. Do you still believe in love? I wonder."

"Oh, if the sky comes falling down. For you, there's nothing in this world I wouldn't do."

"What If I'm far from home?"

"Oh brother, I will hear you call. What if I loose it all?"

"Oh sister, I will help you out."

"Oh, if the sky comes falling down. For you, there's nothing in this world I wouldn't do."