Chapter 22

Chapter 22: Realization
●●●

Mikasa walked into her first period class, sighing. Its something she found herself doing on a daily basis now. She checked her phone for the umpteenth time for the morning and still saw no response from a certain brown-haired male. She puffed out her cheek and sat down on her desk, resting her head on the furnished wood.

Sasha strolled up to her best friend and heard her sigh, not the least bit surprised to even hear the whisk of breath escape her lips. “Still no luck with your boyfriend?” Sasha asked playfully, grinning from ear to ear as Mikasa looked up, her face flushed in red.

“S-Shut… up…!” Mikasa exclaimed, pushing the brown-haired female away.

Sasha laughed and stopped when a certain blond-haired midget came Naruto running into the class, his scream echoing throughout the school grounds as he excitedly waved his phone up in the air. Music played from the cellular device however, it was barely audible due to his screams completely overlapping the sound of the song.

“NARUTO IS MY THING YOU LITTLE COCONUT HEAD!!!” Sasha yelled but her mouth was covered by Armin before she could continue complaining about how he “stole” role. Armin released Sasha. However, Sasha wasn't going to let go of this matter that easily. She opened her mouth ready to fight Armin for her precious role, “how dare you steal my role! Get your own role and—!”

Armin quickly pulled a packet of chocolate chip cookies and tossed it up in the air. In a second, Sasha caught the packet with her mouth, like a dog catching a ball in the air. Everyone sweat-dropped at the strange interaction before they turned their attention to Armin who cleared his throat.

“You guys heard the new song produced by Beast?” Armin asked as he showed his phone, the album cover. Everyone in the class looked at one another shook their heads, immediately going on their phones to check. “Apparently it’s someone new that he’s working with, but there’s no news on who he is.” The blond added.

Armin paused the song and reset it from the beginning, blasting it through the speaker of his phone. The whole class listened silently to the famous DJ and music producer’s new song, some already adding it to their playlists or some just quietly listening to it, just enjoying the gift of a new song.

“Oi! Anyone got a speaker? Surely, we can blast this while working on our projects for the festival!” One of the students suggested, a wide grin plastered on her face in hopes that they were able to do that whether the other classes hated it or not.

“Yeah here! I usually use this during practice!” A girl smiled and handed the speaker to Armin who immediately connected his phone to it. The class then continued to work on their plans for their projects for the Cultural Festival, enjoying the music that filled their ears and fuelled their bodies to stay motivated.

Half the class, which was led by Sasha, was making a food stall. The other half was doing a haunted classroom. They had planned to have the food stall placed outside and basically promote their haunted classroom. It wasn’t anything that breached the legibility of the Cultural Festival, after all, it so happens that a few classes aimed to do the exact same... just with different stalls and activities of course.

Jean glanced at Armin and sat beside him, “do... do you think it’s him?” He asked and Armin immediately nodded.

“There’s no way it’s not him, it sounds exactly like him!” Armin stated, “I heard him sing not too long ago and I would never forget how his voice sounded.”

“That’s kinda creepy Armin...” Jean deadpanned making Armin shake his head at the response he had gotten. “But why would he all of a sudden just start singing?” Jean asked, searching through the details in the description of the song on YouTube and Spotify, “he’s not even mentioned in any of these.”

“That’s what I’ve been wondering... maybe he just wants to sing? Perhaps he struck a deal with him?” Armin suggested, “or... maybe he's just running away, again.”

“That’s probably the better assumption,” Jean sighed, “but we can’t just jump to conclusions. When his suspension is done, let’s ask him, yeah?”

Armin smiled a little and nodded.