Chapter 4: Questions and Pool Day

Start from the beginning

"We know that you have Αστέρι as a therapy dog for your PTSD, but is that all she covers?"

I swallow my bite then start petting Αστέρι before I answer. "No, I also have depression and survivor's disorder."

"But not your ADHD?" Bruce asks.

"No, I need that, it's whats been keeping me alive."

"What do you mean?" Bruce asks.

"My fathers side of the family is really powerful and dangerous, a lot of the times I was kidnapped, it was because they wanted to use me and my friends against our family, and sometimes not all of us make back."

"What do you mean?" Harley asks, taking a bite of her own chicken sandwich.

I eat a grape, then say, "There are many people who want revenge on my family and they think that by killing their children or turning us against them that they can get revenge, but that doesn't always work out. There is a rule in my family where you can't show favoritism or help any of your children, though some of my family like to bend that rule, but there is not a lot that they can do." I look at Bruce and say. "A lot of weird stuff will happen, not all of it I will be able to explain, actually, probably none of it, at least not until I get permission to tell you. Some things will seem like something, but nothing is as it seems."

"Why won't you be able to tell us?" I hesitate a little before replying.

"As I said earlier, my family is very powerful, but they are powerful in two different ways, one way is they own a lot of major and minor businesses, the other is they literally have powers."

"Does that mean you also have powers?" Damian asks suspiciously.

"Yes, not as powerful as my father, but I do have some of his powers, it's actually how I am able to 'see', I can control water, as well as a few other smaller abilities that you will have to figure out over time, so I use the water vapor in the air to see my surroundings."

"If that is a little, then how powerful is your father?" Tim asks.

"My father is one of the most powerful in the family, my uncles and aunts included along with some of my cousins, he can make it storm for weeks or months on end without tiring, they have council every now and then and they want me to go to a meeting in a month, you can come and wait, but if I don't go then they will find a way to get me there."

"Where will the meeting be at?" he asks.

"In New York at the Empire State Building."

"Why there?" Damian asks.

"It's one of the only places where all of us can meet and be safe." I tell them

"Wait, so why do you need ADHD to survive?" Dick questions?

"I need to be prepared to fight in a moments notice, my family has a knack for making powerful enemies, ADHD makes it so I am always ready to either fight or run, usually both happens, but mostly the former." I look at them and ask.

"Would it be okay if my girlfriend and cousins come over in a week? That way they can stop worrying so much? And also, do you have a pool, or a gym?" I then give the rest of the chicken to Αστέρι. I still haven't regained my appetite from Tartarus yet and I doubt that I would.

"Yes, just give me names and time and they can, Tim can show you the way." he says. I nod and follow Tim to the pool.

"There are towels in the back room, if you want, then the rest of us can join you and we can play a game." he says timidly, I smile and say.

"I would like that, meet you here in 20?" I ask. He nods and we both leave and head our separate ways. When I get to my room, I change into my black and blue ombre swimsuit that hides most of my scars except the few on my arms and thigh and take the harness off of Αστέρι and put a leash on her instead, then head back to the pool. No one was there so I unhook the leash and jump in, making sure the water touched me as it relaxed me instantly. I swim a few laps around the pool before I feel the boys come in, I go to the surface and lean on the wall then ask.

"So, what do you want to play?"

"We could play Category." Tim says.

"No, volleyball." Jason argues.

"What about Sharks and Minos." Dick says trying to make peace.

"I want to find out what this Marko Polo game is." Damian says. They start arguing for a few minutes before I let out a taxi whistle, they cover their ears then look at me.

"Why don't we do all of them, we can play Marko Polo first, then volleyball, then Category, and finally Sharks and Minos." I say, they all agree then come in the water, I explain the game to Damian then we make Jason the Marko and the rest of us spread out. He got Tim who then got Dick, they only got me and Damian once though. Alfred came in with some cookies and milk, they were the best regular cookies that I ever had.

In volleyball, me and Tim were on a team with Dick and Jason on the other and Damian as ref, I played ref a few times along with the others, of course any team I was on won. Category was interesting, they did a couple Category's like superheros, villains, and other things like that that had me confused. Why are there so many crazy mortals?!?! Also, how did aliens come by without us knowing? Sharks and Minos was also fun, though in the end, we just played around and splashed each other.

When supper time was almost here, we got out and dried off before going off to our rooms and getting dressed. I gave Αστέρι her food then we went down and ate, tonight for dinner was steak, salad, and a baked potato. Once we were done, I went up to my room to finish getting everything put up, then laid down on the ed and passed out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Here's a chapter, don't know when the next one will be, i'll be rewriting a few of my books, so it will be a while before the next one will be up and ready.

Hope you liked it and please vote and comment.

~Reni