Let The Battle Begin

The two of us get in our places as Gold stands in the middle of the arena.

"Alright you two," he looks both ways at us, "I want a fair battle between the two of you."

"No problem," I say confidently, "Kyo and I got this in the bag."

"Pssh. Leon's gonna win this for me, right?" Leo asks Litten. "Litan! I'm gonna win it no problem!"

"Fro-kie! I don't thinks so!"

Gold laughs at the two of us. "Alright, both teams ready?" The two of us nod in unison. "Then, let the battle begin" he shouts as he raises his arm up.

"We'll go first!" shouts Leo. "Leon! Use Scratch!" His Litten nods in response and charges at Kyo.

"Kyo, get ready and..." we wait untill leon gets close, "Dodge!" I shout and Kyo follows causing Leon to stumble and roll, but he gets off the ground and on his feet again.

"That was close." I sigh in relief. "But it's not over yet! Ready for the counterattack Kyo?"

"Ready when you are!"

"Kyo! Time for Bubble!" I saw pointing to Leon.

"Here we go!" Kyo's Bubble is a direct hit on Leon and caused him to fall back a bit.

"Nice! A direct hit!" I exclaim in excitement. " Good job Kyo!!"  You could tell on the look of his face that he was proud of himself. The look was beaming of him like a ray of sunlight.

"Leon!" Leo shouted. "Are you okay?" The tone of worry carries his voice. The Litten stands back up and shakes its fur.

"Litan! I'm fine!" He hisses.

"Alright, this battle has been fun but we're gonna end it!" Leo shouts at us. "Use Ember!" He tells Leon.
The Litten hacks up a fur ball and throws it up as a ball of fire.

"That is both cool and disgusting." I say in awe, but I snap out of it in time. "Kyo! Dodge it and return with another Bubble attack!"

Kyo dodges the Ember in time and returns the attack with another Bubble that hits right before Leon dodges causing him to faint.

Gold raises his hand. "And the winner is," he  points his hand at me, "Damein!"

"We-we..We did it Kyo!!" I exclaim as I jump in pure happiness. Kyo jumps on my shoulder also cheering. Afterwards I headed towards Leo giving him a Sitrus berry.

"Here! This will help heal." I say as I hand him the berry grinning.

"Thanks." He said gratefully. "Here Leon, eat. It'll make you feel better."

He gestured the berry to his mouth and Leon began to nibble on it. As soon he took four nibbles he was beginning to fill with energy.

"Litan! I'm all ready!" He mews, full of energy. The two of us laugh as Leon and Kyo play around for a bit.

"Good job, both of you!" Gold complements the two of us." I'm sure the two of you will become great trainers in the future." The two of is nod in agreement.

"I'll reach the Elite Four one day, for sure!" I say pumped up.

"Sure you will. Though you're gonna have to battle the first gym to even get a start." Gold says as he points towards Route 1. "The first Gym is in Pewter City. I'd recommend you get a start there."

Both Leo and I hold our Pokemon in our hands as we stand up with Gold. We nod eagerly as we begin to head inside the Lab.