Sean MacGuire: Perfect

Start from the beginning

"Of course I'll marry you" you smiled, unable to stop yourself, you couldn't be happier. You cupped his face in your hands, pulling him into a loving kiss.

You decided to keep the news from the rest of the gang for a while, it was too early to tell them everything, but you could tell that Sean was about ready to burst. He wanted to tell them everything. As soon as you gave Sean the go ahead, telling him that it was time to tell everyone else, he practically shouted it out to the camp.

He spent most of your pregnancy bragging about how he was going to be a father, that you were having his baby, that you would be great parents, and that he was going to have his own little family. It was really rather sweet, but still quickly became annoying to other members of the gang.

-----

The birth of your child went well, as smooth and comfortable as giving birth in the camp would allow. Sean refused to leave your side, you were a team and you would do this together. You were pretty sure that Sean screamed louder than you did though, the two of you comforting and reassuring each other throughout the whole process.

Finally, your baby was born and it was a relief to everyone. They were healthy and perfectly fine. As soon as Sean got to hold his newborn baby in his arms, he fell in love all over again. He loved you so much and now he loved this tiny bundle of joy, he had everything he could ever want. He must be the luckiest man alive.

Eventually he put your child down, letting them sleep, before joining you on the bed. You were sleeping and he didn't want to wake you, you needed to rest. You deserved to rest after everything you just did. Which Sean thought that just incredible, extremely impressive. He pressed a light kiss to your forehead before falling asleep beside you.

Sean is determined to be an active parent, to help you care for your child and to do half of the work. It was only fair and he wanted to be helpful. If the baby started crying in the middle of the night, it wasn't always your responsibility to check on them, Sean would often tell you to go back to sleep while he handled it. But you never could sleep in those moments, you couldn't take your eyes off of him.

Every time you saw Sean with his child, you fell in love with him all over again. The way that he smiled down at the baby in his arms, bouncing them gently as they cooed at each other. Truly your favourite sight.

"Sean?" you asked, your voice groggy with sleep. You had rolled over in your bed, intent on finding Sean and wrapping him in your arms but you were met with an empty space.

You lifted yourself up from the bed, glancing around to find your husband. Eventually your gaze settled on him, he was kneeling over your child's cot, just looking down at them as they slept. The warm glow from the campfire peaked in through the thin opening in the tent, illuminating the side of Sean's face.

He didn't seem to hear your call for him, so you carefully removed the sheets from yourself and moved through the tent. You knelt down behind your husband, wrapping your arms around his waist and pressing a light kiss to his bare shoulder.

"They're prefect" Sean whispered, not wanting to wake the sleeping baby, as he lent into your embrace.

"Of course they are, they're your child" you grinned against his shoulder, feeling him laughing softly to himself.

"Don't be silly, they get that from you" he shook his head as he looked over his shoulder at you.

"Come back to bed" you pleaded softly as you pushed his hair out of his face, gently brushing your thumb against his cheek.

Sean smiled, nodding gently, before kissing you sweetly. His lips lingering on yours before the two of you returned to your bed. Sean's arms wrapped around you, holding you close as you both drifted off to sleep once again.

-----

"C/n, don't-" you began but your child had already run off, darting through the camp. You sighed to yourself, you loved that kid more than life it's self but you couldn't deny that they were a handful.

Arthur chuckled as your child ran past him, nearly colliding with the man. "Well, it's definitely Sean's kid" Arthur teased as he walked over to you.

"I swear, whenever I manage to calm one of them down the other starts running around and shouting about something" you sighed as you watched your child moving through the camp without a care in the world, their familiar red hair making them hard to miss.

"That sounds about right but if anyone can handle them, it's you" Arthur assured you, a friendly smile on his face.

"Thanks" you chuckled. Arthur squeezed your shoulder before walking away, returning to whatever he had been asked to do.

"What were you two talking about?" Sean asked, watching Arthur leave, as he walked over to where you were sitting.

"Aw, you're not jealous are you?" you teased, smiling up at him.

"Of course not!" he huffed as he sat down beside you, making you chuckle.

"Good, we were just discussing our affair" you shrugged, smirking to yourself.

"Don't even joke about that" your husband pouted at you, crossing his arms over his chest.

"Aw, come on. I'm sorry, you know that I love you" you smiled, nudging his arm with your own.

"I love you too" Sean's usual bright smile appeared on his face again as he lent over to you and pressed a wet kiss to your jaw, making you laugh as you playfully pushed him away.

"Pa!" your child's voice interrupted you both, making you look over to see him running towards you. "Mommy said that we could go into town if I was good" they told their father as they practically skidded to a halt.

"And were you good?" Sean asked as he lifted them up, sitting them on his lap.

Your child looked at you for an answer and you nodded at them with a smile. "Yep!" your child turned back to Sean, answering his father's question with a proud smile on his face.

"Then let's go!" Sean smiled brightly, seeming to match the child's excitement.

"Wait!" your child called before any of you moved. "Have you been good as well?" he asked his father, making you chuckle.

"Of course I have!" Sean assured him, a look a offence written all over his face. Your child turned to look at you again, this time with a doubtful expression, making you laugh.

"He's been good enough, go and get your coat and we'll leave" you patted your child's shoulder. They beamed at you before hopping down from Sean's lap and running off towards your tent.

"What did I do wrong?" Sean asked you like he was a scolded child, looking genuinely concerned about whatever he did.

"Nothing, you're prefect, I'm only messing with you" you assured him as you lent over, pressing a loving kiss to his cheek. Sean blushed lightly at your compliment, making you smile even more. He was adorable. "Come on, we shouldn't keep them waiting" you chuckled, Sean laughing along as you both stood from your seats and headed over to your child.

Sometimes it was like you were looking after two children, the two of them always feeding off of each other's energy, but you loved them more than anything. You would do anything for them, give up anything for them. You loved them and wouldn't change them for the world. You just couldn't be in a bad mood when those two were around to cheer you up.

Requests?