Chapter 12

Fastened breathing, heavy body, the tapping of little feet. I ran through the halls of the forbidden building. I was physically myself... A brunette with a black dress.

'This can't be good.' I thought.

Lights blaring, people shouting and screaming, the site completely filed with havoc. I stayed running but to where I was going I had no clue...

I stopped in about the middle of the heavy containment part of the facility. I looked around at why I stopped. It was almost like I couldn't control my own body all I could do was watch as if it where a movie. I started to walk towards a door which I then opened and two more doors emerging on the other side. The girl jumped to the one on the right and pressed her hand upon the scanner. The scanner then made a loud buzz which was followed by a malfunctioning crash. Then smoke started to rise from the scanner, but the door was now open. I stepped through and looked through the glass that was placed next to a control panel.

There was a pedestal and on top it rested a glass box. A tragedy mask was all that was placed inside. I recognized it the fist second I saw it. It was mask, but why was I at his cell. I stepped to the panel and switched the lever that read 'door control'. The door inside the cell slid open with a loud hissing sound. I went around to the inside of the cell proceeding to smash the glass triggering the alarm inside the room. I grasped the mask that turned to smile at me when I ran out the room with him in my arms. Heading somewhere I didn't know once again.

Shouting from what seemed to be the NTF darted through the hallway across from me. One of the black dressed individuals noticed me and shouted abruptly to the others. They then all came running at me with their guns pointed at my head. Death flashed before my eyes, everything happened so fast that my mind didn't process it even if it would be able to.

Pained and ear-splitting screeches followed by agonizingly long and deafening silence that was accompanied by a rhythmic tapping, all seemed to have shouted over each other. The blood that ran down the black, razor-sharp spikes that heaved from the ground bellow my feet where covered with a crimson liquid. The bodies pierced in the midst of the spears slid further down slowly getting torn apart into two pieces. I reached up to my face to wipe the splatters of blood off of my cheek. I put the mask up to my face so it faces me back and cleaned the smudges off it as well before continuing forward. As I walked past the corpses I commented

"Let's find you a host that doesn't have a hole in their abdomen..."

I wanted to puke... I would never do such a thing... Not anymore. I wasn't a pacifist back then but I have changed, why did I kill all those soldiers before they even had the chance to blink? I'm not sure... I felt a lump form in my throat and covered my mouth with both my hands to keep myself from screaming. Tears started rolling down my cheeks.

Not paying much attention to what was happening anymore I was startled when I heard a second familiar voice that seemed to cradle me with it's tone. It was that same monotonous voice that I  appeared to know a little too well. I looked up at the screen and saw a robed figure with several of what seemed to be walking corpses with a long and deep cut down the middle of their chest which looked to be sown shut wobbling not so far behind him.

"Here I'll take it from here, you go find the reptile and the computer. I'll get some more people with us if you know what I mean. We're doing this." He said with a firm and confident voice. He took the mask from my hand and placed it on one of the zombie's faces and almost as if it gained sentience its ora reeked of glee. Now what was earlier perceived as an instance of scp 049-2 was now Mask. He jumped onto the doctor with great enthusiasm and hugged him not seeming to be able to let him go any time soon. 

"We're finally doing this!" He radiated joy and excitement through the room.

"Don't get your hopes up just yet we aren't even outside yet." The doctor said silencing the others luminous desire.

"Alright do you remember where we'll be meeting up?" I asked raising an eyebrow at them. They both nodded and mask smiled wider before turning around and leaving. I was left alone again but now I knew where I was headed. 'Scp-682...' I thought.'He'll be hard to smuggle to the gate without any more soldiers noticing us.' either way the task at hand seemed important and so 682 appeared mandatory in the matter.

I didnt believe how fast I got to his chamber it was as if I walked into the other room, almost as if these where levels of some sort. I walked over to the control panel and pressed the intercom button to the inside of the chamber.

"682... Are you ready?" I spoke into the microphone. Suddenly a large reptile -like creature emerged from the acid bellow the glass. He growled and proceeded to answer my question.

"I was just on my way... I'll always be ready for a day like this." Then continued by smashing the wall bellow me and escaped from there. His escapes where easier for him then the foundation thought they where.

The ground rumbled as the wall just underneath me collapsed into pieces of ruble. I took hold of a railing in the room and waiting for it to pass. The ground underneath my feet collapsed and I was left hanging onto the railing and above a sizzling acid that I really didn't want to fall into...

"You could've just asked me to open the door for you!..." I shouted down the hole and at the inconsiderate, overgrown lizard...