Chapter 9

The lanky figure fell to the ground grasping his body as blood gushed from the wounds. The men atop the fence had ceased to fire but did not break eye contact with the statue. One of the men had called in backup at their current location through a small radio transceiver while he dived back behind the wall. The statue was still motionless and Lanky was in pain.

They where trapped... The backup the guards had requested had came and the helicopters that roared above them both had let down soldiers to recontained them once again. Soon they had 173 in its holding cell but 096 was still raging on with pain most of all one of them had seen its face which maximized it's prolonged screeches. They were trying their best not to look at its face...

__________________________________________

-Elsewhere-

__________________________________________

"What are you doing and where are we going?" The mask asked.

"They need my help. This will be our only chance to help them. I never could since they always got contained within the building of the facility. BUT NOW THEY ARE OUTSIDE!" She screamed joyfully as she dragged the mask out of the house.

"Wait you can't go inside? Why not?! And who is they?!" The mask asked as she dragged him in an unknown direction.

"That's not what you should be concerned about right now." She yelled back at him and quickened her pace. The mask felt uneasy but soon started to run with her. In no time they reached the foundation walls and the masks heart dropped as he remembered all the atrocious things he had gone through inside of them.

"Stay here." She said as she seemingly faded out of view.

"Wait, wait you can't just leave me here I mean why did you bring me here in the first place if you were just going to leave me behind?!" The mask shouted at her resulting in her body to slowly fade back.

"What?. Do you want to go inside? I mean sure." She said as she then once again became invisible.

"Just try not to accidentally die okay I don't want to lose you" she announced in a firm and confident voice but then whispered "again..." The mask didn't ask any questions.

"Um, but won't they try to contain me if someone sees me?" The mask asked as they started to walk closer to the gate of the fence.

"Oh don't worry about that you're invisible to everyone but me." She explained.

The girl, who looked like she knew what she was doing, opened a hole in the gate and they simply walked through. The sight they saw was enough to make the girls hand grasp her chest as she proceeded to sprint towards the other two Scps. But the mask had plans of his own.

He sneaked away and back into the facility. He walked around searching and searching but to no avail. The last place he didn't check was still untouched and nothing seemed to have broken out of it in the near future which meant who he was looking for wasn't far. And he was right, on the other side of the glass was a too familiar face. The bright plague mask glistened in the lights inside the cell. The mask glowed with joy and almost instantly pressed himself up against the glass. He was here, he made it to his beloved doctor but did he know? He must've at least sensed something like he did all those times before right? The mask thought to himself as he stared at the doctor scribbling something in his journal.

He spent at least two minutes just staring at him before the doctor stood up. The mask jumped at the unexpected movement. The robed man walked up to the glass and raised his hand. The mask looked right into his golden eyes and it seemed as though the doctor did the same. The shoulders of the mask rose up to his cheeks as he waited for at least a sign the other knew, now with both of his hands pressed upon the glass. The doctors hand fell atop his own on the other side of the glass.

"Darling? It's me I'm here just like I had promised you! Don't lose hope I'll get you out!" He shouted in hopes that the doctor would hear him... Slowly his shoulders relaxed when he noticed that the doctors eyes darted around the room behind him. It was as if he was looking directly through him.. the doctors hand slid down the glass and back to his side while he made his way to his bed and sat down staring at the concrete floor.

Crushed, the mask retreated back away from the glass and turned his head away in disbelief.

"I- but before he could say anything more the room faded to black ridding the masks surroundings which included the doctor. His hand slightly reached up for him but then hesitantly retreated. The girl was back now and the mask turned to face her with a look of tragedy on his face.

"Where are you we need to leave now!" She yelled at him frantically.

"Okay, Okay I'm coming ill be there in two minutes," He shouted back. He had to hurry though.

"Ugh, we don't have two minutes we need to leave now! Okay, you know what stay here ill come back for you later. Just be outside of the facility tomorrow at noon." She declared awaiting a response.

"Wait what no you can't leave me here what am I supposed to do?" He asked the girl.

"I don't know just recite plays or something, that was always your favorite thing to do when you were bored..." She waved her hand at him. the mask looked weirded out but he was getting used to her knowing more then he remembered telling her.

" Oh before I go if you don't mind me asking, where are you right now anyways?" She asked tilting her head to the side while she raised her eyebrow at him.

"...049s cell." He answered hesitantly.

"I'll see you tomorrow then." She smiled at that answer and the room slowly faded back to how it looked originally. The lights blinded the mask but his eyes quickly got adjusted to them. Behind the now present glass still remained the same figure he wished to be able to embrace just once more.

"I'll be with you sooner then you think

my dear..."