Chapter 5

Soon the guards were back for the doctor and guided him back to his cell. He quietly cooperated as they walked through the empty halls. The doctors thoughts still filed his mind lingering around silently. They reached his cell and the door was shut behind him. He sat on the floor once more and wondered away. After a rough hour or two, a researcher entered the room where only a glass slate kept the two apart and introduced himself. His name was Mason and he was a guard for the foundation for almost 12 years. Until he quit to become a researcher for Thaumiel class Scps. He said he was here to talk about the incident that took place during the interview. He looked worried but also relieved?

He sat and listened to Mason for about half an hour until he said something that interested him. "I was nightly assigned to guard her cell. We got along well and she even told me things she would never tell the foundation and trusted me enough to tell me her many secrets even if she knew I could tell anyone anytime." He mouthed that last part. The doctor tried his best to read what he said. But wait how did he know he would be able to read his lips. "How did you know I would be able to-" he got cut off." She told me so much more than just this little detail." Mason said with a smirk on his face. It was unsettling and the doctor wanted to just leave but now he was just too curious."Oh? Like what?". There was silence for a while and the people behind the glass paid close attention to anything that was about to be said...

" You and 035 were in an relationship before an incident that caused you to forget a time period in your life occurred. He mouthed that too... 049 looked at the table and thought long and hard about how he was going to react. "Your bluffing, that's impossible I would have some memories of times like that." He mumbled quietly in disbelief. Mason continued talking to not raise suspicion, but before he could say anything else another researcher came in and announced something that the he couldn't quite hear. Mason left soon after that. He waved a warm goodbye to him and mouthed hoping the doctor would see. 'She'll help you get out.' and see he did. His eyes slowly widened as he proceeded processed what had been said only now. 

He had been rethinking it all. Sitting in the same position as Mason last left him. His mind remembering irrelevant details about thier travels. "Nothing... Nothing!" He shouted seemingly frustrated. He sighed and finally
proceeded to stand up from hes chair. He looked around the room and walked over to his bed. He layed down in his standard position. On his back with his hands gently held together atop his stomach. He recalled all those times the mask had seemed off but he never thought much of it. Even now he seemed to always be on his feet being carful with what he wants to say but most importantly being too quite. Nothing made sense. For the doctor the only explanation was that Mason had lied to him but how would he know he knows how to read lips.

"Nothing..." He said softly as he drifted off to sleep.