Chapter 39: Blackspots and PR~

This encounter in the club naturally ended on bad terms.

After Ling Zhen left, smirking, Han Yanghao threw the cards in his hands onto the table and sat on the sofa, his expression cold with his arms crossed. After a while, he went out to call his assistant and whispered a few words to him. Another ten minutes later, he returned to the room and continued playing cards with his friends.

On Friday night, all working society members finally ushered in a rare day off and could hole up at home for a good rest. But for many drama fans, tonight wasn't just an ordinary Friday night, but also the day of the "Vie for Supremacy" finale.

Numerous viewers planted themselves in front of the TV earlier, making various posts with the tag #VieforSupremacyBigFinale while waiting for the big finale to air.

Liu Qinqin was one of them.

"Vie for Supremacy" had already been airing for more than a month now. Liu Qinqin came to like Huo Xi because of "Ambush" but later became Rong Xu's diehard fan. She originally watched "Vie for Supremacy" for her family's male god, but now, although Rong Xu's role, Wanqi Yao, had already died long ago, Liu Qinqin persisted on and became a loyal viewer of "Vie for Supremacy".

Not to mention, after Wanqi Yao's death, "Vie for Supremacy" would often mention Wanqi Yao's name from time to time, and there would even be a couple of snippets with Wanqi Yao! Sometimes, they would be from Xiao Xiang and Xie Jingxian's memories, and sometimes, they would come from Dongli Lan's self-blame.

Every time, Liu Qinqin would be so excited that she couldn't contain herself and hated that she couldn't pull at the screenwriter's clothes, begging them to give Wanqi Yao more scenes.

But there were no banquets in the world that did not end. "Vie for Supremacy" would finally end tonight.

In the last episode, the second male lead, Dongli Lan, played by Ye Qiao, fell into a trap prepared by Xiao Xiang. Liang Empire was defeated and lost the Yan Mountains. Without the Yan Mountains' natural barrier, Liang Empire was in a crisis. In tonight's finale, Chu State, under the right time and entirely favorable conditions, completely captured Liang Empire and seized the throne of the world.

The endings for many drama series were obvious, but people would still watch them with gusto. For example, in romance films, the male and female lead would definitely end up together, but how they ended up together and what happened between them were all key points that attracted the audience.

In the last two episodes, Chu State's army marched south and invaded the Liang Empire. The mighty army was like a majestic, iron-blooded lion reconquering the land it had lost, capturing the enemy country that had looked down on them for nine years.

At the end of the war, Xie Jingxian was enthroned as the Emperor, but Xiao Xiang did not take off her armor. She was the Empress, but more than that, she was Chu State's General Xiao.

As for Dongli Lan, after he lost his country, he stood on top of Wan Qiu Pavilion, staring into the distance at Chu State's seizure of Liang Empire's capital. He silently watched as the enemy's war flag was inserted at the top of the imperial palace, then he suddenly jumped down from the top of Wang Qiu Pavilion, plunging into the ice-cold Yun Meng Lake, killing himself.

Everyone had the ending they should have gotten. Chu State became the biggest winner in this decade-long war.

Liu Qinqin watched, still wanting the drama to continue and was reluctant for it to end. When the familiar background music of the ending song started, she was still immersed in the atmosphere and didn't come to her senses for a while. But not long later, she sent out a post, emotionally expressing——