-Epilogue-

POV: Zoricus

Zoricus peeked around the corner into the throne room. Sadon paced in front of the throne, the crown resting on the cushioned seat.

The royal family's mage waltzed into the room. His movements were carefree.

I guess he's Sadon's mage now.

"Good morning, Your Sadism." The mage gave an exaggerated bow.

Sadon groaned. "What do you want, beast?"

"I just have an itsy-bitsy task I need done before you can continue on your murderous exploits." The mage leaned against the throne, keeping his eyes on Sadon.

"Yes, and?" Sadon halted his pacing.

"There's one dragon I won't allow you to kill—" the mage raised his index finger. "—at least for now. His name is Fragrance, he's yellow with green wings, wears emerald jewelry. It's very hard to miss him, really. Anyway, he hates Fendrel about as much as you do, and I've already made a deal with him I don't plan on breaking off any time soon."

Sadon clenched a fist.

The mage's eyes crinkled. "You can kill him once I'm done with him."

Zoricus guessed he was smiling behind his cloth mask.

"Fine. Where is he?" Sadon relaxed his hand, but his fingers kept twitching.

"He should be arriving in the forest west of here right about now. Just follow the streams until you reach him." The mage stood straight again. "I'd suggest restraining him and bringing him here. He has a habit of being violent."

Just as Sadon turned to leave, the mage laughed. "Oh, one more thing. Keep him healthy and unharmed, or our deal is off."

Sadon wordlessly exited the throne room.

Zoricus caught a glimpse of the dragon hunter's red face.

The mage chuckled again. His magenta eyes landed on Zoricus. "I see you, second head. Do be sad to be left out. I have plans for you."

Shuddering, Zoricus backed away.

That thing can't be human.

END OF BOOK ONE