"All dusk dragons have fangs, Thea." Fendrel fought off the slight drowsiness that annoyed him.

Cloud lifted his wings. "Well, with that settled, let us prepare. We set out today. When you finish your search, or if you find Mist, head back here immediately. I will send a spark dragon messenger your way every now and then to stay up to date."

Fog was the first to stand. She shuffled out of the palace, her tail dragging. Venom followed her out in a dignified fashion. He cast a gaze at Fendrel and tilted his head as if to say, "follow me."

Oliver rushed out, almost running into Flight, who snorted with disapproval.

Fendrel followed the boy with Thea in tow. He stepped out and went to his travel partners.

Venom stood with travel bags at his paws and Fog sitting across from him

"We have the food and water bags for them." Venom pointed his wing at the humans as he spoke to Fog. "And do you have any sparrow-catching claws?"

Fog tilted her head. "Why would I need those? We only eat sparrows in the winter. Won't there be enough plant-based food on the way?"

"Probably, but there's always the chance that there is only live prey. Besides, you could use them as weapons if we run into trouble." Venom flexed his own claws.

"Oh." Fog nodded in understanding. "Yeah, I have them. They're in my room."

She ran for the edge and glided off to retrieve her metal claws.

Fendrel peered over the cliff's lip, watching Fog dive into a hollow with a carved doorway.

After a few moments, she leapt out and arrowed for the sky. Light wingbeats signaled her return. The metal claws she wore on her talons scraped against the stone as she landed.

She lifted one of her paws. "I sharpened them last winter and I haven't used them since, so we're good to go."

A thunderous sound reached their ears as Cloud, Crystal, Ice, and Flight lifted off.

At the sight of the departing dragons, Fog danced on her claw tips. Her eyes grew wide and her feathers fluffed out in excitement. "Come on, let's go!"

"Great, so, who's carrying us?" Fendrel asked.

Venom stiffened. He grimaced then lowered himself. He huffed. "This is extremely undignified... Well? Come on, then."

Thea froze. She recognized the stance Cloud had taken back near the Sharpdagger castle. "Can I go with the vapor dragon?"

"She has to carry the bags and that's a big enough burden for her. Vapor dragons aren't used to heavy loads. You'll just have to ride with Oliver and I. Look, he isn't scared." Fendrel gesturing to the boy. He was trying to clamber onto the annoyed dragon's shoulders.

Thea cautiously approached Venom. She helped Oliver onto Venom's shoulders. The mage hauled herself up, situating Oliver in front of her.

Fendrel hoisted himself in front of Oliver.

As soon as they were all seated, Venom stood.

Thea gasped and squeezed her knees into the dragon's sides.

Fog had strapped the bags around her neck, and they hung to her chest. Her tail swung in anticipation with her wings partially open.

"All right, we're all set." Venom started for the cliff.

"Yes!" Fog said, leaping into the sky.

Venom sighed, quickly advancing. "You don't even know where you're going."