Chapter 36

(Phoebe's Pov)

Today is New year's eve. I am so excited for tonight. Mom and I are on our way to get our hair and makeup done. I love spending days with my Mom.

"Phoebe how is Nathan?" she asks as we are in the lobby waiting to be called back for our hair appointments.

"Good, he is really excited for tonight. Thanks for letting me invite him." She gives me a large friendly smile.

"Of course Phoebe, I really like that boy. He seems to care about you a lot." I nod and blush. "I see that blush darling." I laugh and cover my face with my hands.

I throw my hair up in a ponytail. I know we are about to get it done but it is driving me nuts. My mom looks over and her face changes. "What?" I ask as I check my hair for any bumps.
"Phoebe you have a hickey." I have never in my life wanted to be under a rock more than I do right now. My mom tries to hide her smirk.

When I get to a mirror in the bathroom I run my fingers over it. I hear the door open and lock. I turn to see my mom standing there. "Phoebe let's talk." She says and I join her on the bench they have in the women's room.

"First off Dad doesn't have to know about this… but I want you to be honest with me okay?" I nod and am sure my cheeks are crimson.

"Are you and Nathan having sex?" If somebody could find me the nearest rock, I would really appreciate it.

"No we um we haven't done that yet." I say and look down. My Mom nods. "Okay well obviously you have done other things." She says and I nod. "Well then when you do decide to have sex with Nathan or anyone I want you to make sure you ready. Your virginity is the one thing you can give but never get back." I nod this is way better than the first time I got this talk.

"I am not going to tell you when to have sex Phoebe. I trust you to know yourself and your body well enough to know when you are ready. Don't let anyone make that decision for you." I nod and listen to her talk. "Your father was my first and my last." I blush and try not to be disgusted at the thought.
"So you waited till marriage?" I ask I didn't know that Dad was her first. I also didn't ask. "No I didn't we had sex before we got married, but I knew he was the one I wanted to give that piece of me to." I nod that is actually very sweet.

"And I can't say this enough my sweet girl… condoms every single time." I nod and say I know. "I am serious, if you need me to get them for you I will. Do not have sex without one Pheebs." I nod and lean in to hug her.

"I am always here to talk if you have questions or anything. Even if it is not about sex." My parents always do such a good job reminding me that they are here if I need them.

"Thank you for being cool about it and not yelling at me." I say but am still worried about how I am going to hide my hickey from Dad.

"Phoebe I would never yell at you for that. You and Nathan are allowed to do that as long as you are being safe." I nod we walk out going straight in for our appointments.

"So what do you want to do with your hair today?" Franco asks me. I look to my mom for some help. She always looks put together no matter where we are.

"You said your dress was open back right Pheebs?" I nod and she thinks. "How about an up-do with some hair left on the side to frame your face." I nod and Franco gets to work.

Mom gets her hair blown out and curled. She still looks 25. I hope I can look as good as she does when I am her age. We both choose to do a smokey eye and pink lips.
When we get home Mom is bombarded with questions from the people inside the party tent. She handles them one by one. My mom can also handle almost any situation thrown her way. She says my father helped her with that quality.