Chapter Twenty Three

Start from the beginning

"Shoto! There's trouble ahead." Their father called, "I'll show you what it means to be a hero."

Tira paused as she noticed her younger brother stop running as his cellphone vibrated in his pocket. She stopped and turned to him curiously as he looked at his phone.

"Dammit, you should be watching me!" Their father snapped as he realized Shoto had stopped. He froze as he saw spears of ice with black cores sprouting up around him. He adjusted his tone, "what is it?"

Tira dismissed her ice spears and looked to her younger brother. Shoto didn't say a word; he just looked down at his phone and turned to run.

"Hey! Wait!" Enji called after him. "Where the hell are you going?"

"An alleyway at 4-2-10 Ekou Street. If you finish what you're doing or see extra pros, send them there. I'm leaving you here to take care of this trouble. I'm sure you can handle it yourself." Shoto said coolly as he kept running.

"Huh?" Enji stared after his youngest son in awe before looking to a worried Tira, "Tira, stay with your brother and be careful."

Tira nodded and bolted after Shoto as he turned a corner. She moved much faster than she'd anticipated, her body remembered all the grueling training she'd gone through as a child and she had no problem catching up to him. Shoto jumped as Tira appeared at his side.

"Nee-san? It might be dangero-."

Tira threw him a sharp look, "don't forget, Shoto, I am your older sister. It's my job to protect you."

Shoto smiled, she was sticking up for herself a lot more lately. "Alright, but I am supposed to be learning how to be a hero here, so don't do everything for me."

Tira smiled. As they wound deeper into the heart of the city taking back streets and alleys, Tira heard what sounded like a teenage boy yelling. Were they friends of Shoto? She noticed Shoto run faster upon hearing the yelling. She matched his pace with ease.

"Nee-san, hang back a minute." Shoto called to her before rounding the corner. She saw a flash of fire as he launched an attack using his left side.

Tira paused at the corner of the alley. She peered around the corner and spotted two teens lying on the ground and what appeared to be an injured hero leaning against one of the buildings in bad shape. Standing in the middle of the alley about to attack one of the fallen teenagers was a man wrapped in blood red and white bandages and scarves that hung in the air behind him eerily. His eyes were the color of blood and seemed to be aglow with purpose. His hair was dark, matted and unruly. He had a plethora of blades adorning his body. Tira felt a moment of panic as she realized this was the Hero Killer her father was after. He was too scary of an opponent for Shoto to face!

"Midoriya," Shoto spoke up, "you need to give more details in times like this." He held up his phone in the direction of the teenage boy with the mop of unruly dark green hair. "I was almost too late to stop this guy."

"You too, Todoroki?" The other teen, a boy wearing what looked like a modern-day suit of armor with dark hair and glasses piped up, his voice cracking with emotion.

"How'd you get here?" The boy Shoto had addressed as Midoriya asked in awe. Tira realized then it was the same boy she'd seen Shoto talking to at the Sports Festival. "Hold on, you're using your left side."

"How'd I get here? Good question. Your message took me awhile to figure out. Next time try to send more than just your specific location. But you're not really one to send cryptic messages without a reason, are you?" Shoto prepared himself to defend against the scary looking man. Ice shot across the ground from his right foot covering a good portion of the ground. "So, I figured you were in trouble and asking for help." Ice shot up from the ground where he'd created a thin layer of ice and began to shift Midoriya and the injured pro gently to lay next to the other teen. "Everything's okay. The pro heroes will be here any minute!" Shoto darted forward launching a fire attack at the Hero Killer causing him to leap back away from the others. "You're just what they said you were. But you won't be taking any more lives, Hero Killer."