▪️4

Haewon's eyes lingered on the red string that was still attached to her finger, holding it up and peering at it

"Who are you..." She muttered, knitting her brows together.
"Haewon, Mum said to-!" The door swung open before Haewon could react and her sister, Minsun, gasped.

"HAEWON HAS A SOULMATE!" she screamed out, making Haewon cringe and bury her head in the pillow. Not long later, the thundering of feet up the steps drew to a close.

"What! You have a Soulmate?" Her Mum shrieked out, Running over to her and grasping her hand.
"Oh my God- my Baby has a Soulmate."
"Mum-" Haewon groaned.

"Who is he?" Minsun asked excitedly.
"I don't know."
"How could you not know, you should be communicating."
"But I haven't met him yet?"

Her Mum laughed and shook her head.
"Haewon-ah I spoke to your Father long before I met him."
"How?" Haewon asked with wide innocent eyes.

Her Mum smiled and tapped her head.
"Telepathy, what else?"

Haewon rolled her eyes.
"I thought you were being serious."
"I am! Soulmates can hear each other, feel each others pain and emotions, and heal each other."

"Well...I've heard nothing."
"Try speaking to him." Her Mother urged.
"I don't know how." She groaned, shaking her head and walking over to the bathroom.

"It could be anyone."

▪️

It was nearing half 10 at night when Haewon clambered into bed, sighing as her head hit the pillow.

Unable to get comfortable, she layed on her side and tossed and turned relentlessly, knitting her eyebrows in confusion at the sudden taste of blood in her mouth.

Haewon shot up and ran over to the bathroom, confused when nothing was wrong with her.
"Huh?" She said as she began walking back to her room but stopped at the sudden pain in her stomach.
"What the- ow!" She gasped out, feeling as though she had been punched in the stomach.

Anger coursed through her veins which caused her to fill with even more confusion. She wasn't angry.

"What the hell..." She muttered, standing up and frowning as she walked into her sister's room.
"Sunnie, hey wake up." She whispered, pushing her Sister slightly.

"Hm?" Her sister groaned, half asleep.
"Something weird is happening, i-i don't know what's wrong."
Minsun groaned and pushed herself up, eyes falling to her sleeping soulmate then back at her confused younger sister.

"What's up?"

Soulmate bond

Soulmate bond.

That's what she was experiencing.

Haewon glanced at the red string, then back at her wall- contemplating.
"You're so stupid Haewon." She muttered, standing up and shutting her eyes.

Taking a deep breath, she bit down on her finger- hard.

What the fuck!

Haewon gasped at the unfamiliar, male voice that infiltrated her head, her eyes wide.
No way...
Haewon thought, speechless.

Who the fuck?

Wait can you hear me?

Who the fuck are you?

I- uh I think we're soulmates

There was a heavy silence on the other end and Haewon bit her lip nervously.

Hello?

She tried once more, heart pounding in her chest.

Can you be quiet.

Oh- wait are you hurt, because I swore I could taste blood
Hello?
Oh my God are you dead?
Wait does that mean I'll die?
I'm not ready to die, I have so much I have to do-

Can you shut up
I can't think straight

Are you hurt?

No

Oh
Wait what's your name?

Stop talking to me

But we're Soulmates

Sorry to get your hopes up, but I'm not interested.

Damn then

Let a girl down gently sungie